Lightweight 05+ Steeda Radiator Support *Fail*

michael.konor

forum member
Reaction score
First off, I want to thank Frank Stoddard @ Steeda for taking care of this issue very quickly.

Story begins when I noticed a tilt in the car on the passenger side of about 1-1.5 inches. After starting in the rear and working my way forward, I finally found what I though was the problem. My Tokico Adjustable Strut had completely collapsed so much that when you pushed the piston down, it just wouldn't come back up no matter the setting.

I changed the strut and while getting the alignment done, the tech couldn't get it stable. While we were under the car, he noticed a small crack in the radiator support bracket on the passenger side, and then we saw the destruction on the drivers side.

Steeda sent me the "Version 2" of the support bracket free of charge within a couple of days and I have to say that they beefed up the weak points you can plainly see in the pictures.

If you have one of these supports, it's worth your while to do a visual or you'll end up like me driving home with a ratchet strap holding your radiator up...

Drivers Side -

Passenger Side -

Out of Car 1 -

Out of Car 2 -

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Good to see they took care of you immediately!

Do you know if the plate that failed was/is CM or DOM steel?

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
Jeez I'm amazed the ratchet strap worked that must have been a sight to see

Back