Like Mustangs? Like drifting? Come inside, I've got both.- LOTS of photos.

iceguyb14

Mustang Fanatic
Reaction score
nice photos!

and yeah i think fast and furious tokyo drift made people think drifting is racing. its about angles, staying close to the other guy in tandem, tire smoke, and all kinds of stuff. the drivers have tons of skill. and these cars are pretty badass. gitten jr's car is running 295/40/18 falken azenis rt615k tires out back. those are pretty nice tires and the fact that he can roast them up so easily with the grip they have should tell people something about the performance of these cars.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
yea I didnt think you were bashing it. I dont see it as racing because its not. There is no points or reward for crossing the line first. Its judged on style, speed, angle, and your line. The style is the most subjective as its more of an impression of the drivers run than anything. Nonetheless its still very interesting. The best thing to do is go to a local drift event and watch. The cool thing is it doesnt have to be Pros to be enjoyable to watch. Its fun just socializing with people who do it and then watching them get better as the day progresses and as they get more seat time from more events.

Kevin@

PAS Racing
Reaction score
Thank you guys, and I wasn't taking it as bashing..it was more of a preemptive strike on my part before the possible hate-train left the station.

Here is a short video I took of just one run that shows the layout of the course and speed/proximity that they achieve...and this is a "slow" track compared to last round's 75-80mph entry speeds at Palm Beach. Or Road Atlanta hitting close to 100mph in some cases before yanking the e-brake.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back