limp mode w/ traction control on .

bullitt boy

Reaction score
2014 gt w/ track pac and a few mods blower, shortys, suspension work etc etc etc. Car will go into limp mode with the least bit of tire spin if traction control is left on. Any body else get this?

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I believe the traction control pulls fuel and possibly retards timing, which with your custom tune made for boost may have the engine going "WTF MAN!?" and causing that effect.

This is why some tuners command the traction control be off, which was easier in the previous gen Mustang than the newer one with more sophisticated controls.

bullitt boy

Reaction score
Frank , even the slightest little spin will cause it. Turn the traction control off you can burn em down. Getting it retuned soon will mention it for sure.

deebo05

forum member
Reaction score
Quick and easy way is to have your tuner set the max wheel torque error to 200,000. its not the proper way, but it works and no ill effects. If that doesn't work then the torque and torque inverse table might need some attention.

Exley

forum member
Reaction score
Wouldn't too many wheel torque errors trigger limp mode even with traction control off?

If i had to guess i would say that when traction control is trying to reduce torque it is unable to pull as much as it is asking for. This is triggering limp mode. just a thought though.

Either way your tuner should be able to get it sorted out

bullitt boy

Reaction score
thanks for the input guys .Making a few changes and getting it re tuned will bring this up for sure.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back