Line Locks here...burning rubber soon!!!

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No problem on either side, here. I'm the one that did the write-up on StangNet. (http://www.stangnet.com/Tech-Articles/S197-Ford-Mustang-PMP-Line-Lock-Kit-Install-080225.html) Everything fit as it should. Stupid question, I know, but are you using the correct pieces? And did you buy the correct kit for your application?

Passenger side went smooth, driver's side is still causing problems. I'm late for my appointment at Sac Raceway (with a certain black KB'd S197 GT) so I probably won't be able to post more until later tonight or tomorrow morning. I think the kit is fine but the stock fittings may have been put on by a gorilla.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
stock fittings may have been put on by a gorilla.
Yeah, that's what I sent in the PM - I was wondering if someone had "encouraged" it a little too much in our out and turned it into an oval...

Kevin@PMP

Reaction score
I've never seen this problem, I'm going to agree with cekim, sounds like someone was a little over zealous tightening the stock line at some point. The advantage is the driver's side line is short and easy to replace.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
+11,000,000!!

Tires will be next.

HAHAAAAhahahaaaaaaaaa

Those are M&H 275/50/17s. He wondered why they wouldn't burn-out on the second try. Since then he has seen the light...

He'll probably chime in when he gets back home in an hour or so.

I'm still looking for sponsors though. AIDS-free driver/owner ready to put your stickers on my car.

The Dizzel

comming at cha' with NA
Reaction score
This is where we are having the problem...

View attachment 2989

The stock hardline fitting will not even start threading into the coupler. We tried both couplers but same problem. We're going to try the other side of the car and see if we have any luck. Did anyone else have this issue?

well did not go racing Wed.. but got to watch Mr. Roper drive Lost souls's POS very nice i might add. Problem as stated above was that some gorilla at Ford assembly plant torqued down on the fitting that goes into the brake caliper hose and mushroomed it. Dumba$$... Contacted PMP on the onset of the problem and they offered full support to the point of sending ot new parts...Roper and i fingered out the problem by swaping parts and took a cloer look and about 3 more beers later saw the tip was mushroomed... The 3 beers kicked in and I (as me) decided to "hey! lets take a dremal tool to the brake lock down sleave (sp?) and make it fit. IT FIT...but..BAD idea..leaked like a screen door in a sub.. took out the entire brake line to a local shop in Lodi, new fitting installed and reattached, bled, and tested...with lost of smoke, brakes work fine and line locks even better.:clap:

But I gotta hand it to PMP both Josh and Kevin gave it there all in helping. Good show boys... excellent customer service! Hats of to you. You'all come out thiis way... we have beers and clean Mr. Ropers driveway of brake fluid....

Wheres the pics Bret????:worth:

Last edited:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
HAHAAAAhahahaaaaaaaaa

Those are M&H 275/50/17s. He wondered why they wouldn't burn-out on the second try. Since then he has seen the light...

He'll probably chime in when he gets back home in an hour or so.

I'm still looking for sponsors though. AIDS-free driver/owner ready to put your stickers on my car.

Ha ha, your probably going to get some GAY activists to pay you to put on a rainbow sticker and advertise vote yes for gay marriage!

The Dizzel

comming at cha' with NA
Reaction score
D'oh!!

pssst, Dizzel... that's why they have water in the burnout box at the track.

OMG i am such a newbie...Bret was just watchin me, trying to do a burn out...the only smoke was comming from my clutch...Bret got out of his car and waved me up and said....your tire are to stickiy...you just burning you clutch....:oops: Fist time was great... i had no idea they would stick that much...damn i cant wait to get to the track again...hey.. what is a good clutch to get...I am sure i will be3 needing one soon:leghump:

The Dizzel

comming at cha' with NA
Reaction score
here are the pics of my install, forgot to post them. Note on the driver side the brass fitten that replaced the part from PMP

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back