Livelink Gen II data logging analog input issue

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
SCT experts chime in! I recently upgraded from an x3 to an x4 and have been trying to get all the bugs worked out. I have everything working correctly with one exception, that is displaying the analog input data properly via the formulas. I'm using two widebands for the analog inputs, one for each bank. When recording a data log via my laptop everything works perfectly. When recording a data log directly via the x4 everything is displayed perfectly on the x4 device however when viewing the data log in Livelink Gen II it only displays raw voltage even though the formulas are there, usually in the 2.x range. Any suggestions? I asked Lito and he doesn't know either.

46addict

Reaction score
I remember seeing 8 Analog readouts in Livelink and it picked up the signal from the orange wire on the input cable as #8. So I would guess the red wire translates to #7. The color codes are assuming you have the IEEE cable like this one http://www.morepowertuning.com/SCT-X3SF3LivewireX4-Analog-Input-Cable_p_1146.html

Are you entering the formulas in fields 7 and 8?

If push comes to shove you can log the raw voltage and convert the values into the formula in the CSV file once you're done logging and ready to send the logs. I would assume the end result is the same.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Yes the formulas are in those fields but are not showing up, I opened the excel ss that has the raw voltage data but cannot figure out how to apply the formula to those columns, do you know how that's done? The formula is 0.068023*(7.35+v*3.008)

46addict

Reaction score
Insert a blank column near the raw data set. Then click the first row of the blank column and enter the formula with a = in front of it. Then you have do replace the V in the formula with the name of the first cell in the raw data. The cell name would be a letter and a number 1. Then double click on the little box here to apply the formula to the whole column.

Just to make sure Excel follows order of operations, you may want to enter the formula like this: 0.068023*[7.35+(cell name*3.008)]

upload_2018-2-1_20-42-39.png

Last edited:

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Okay it looks like I got it to work, Excel didn't like the [] in the formula but everything else works, man what a PITA though! Why would SCT release the newer software that's inferior to the older 6.5 version like that? Thanks for your help though!

46addict

Reaction score
Yeah the brackets were there as a safety net in case Excel forgets PEMDAS but I'm glad it all worked out. I have used GenII for logging before and didn't have this problem but then I was only logging one wideband. Livelink in general is finicky and was the cause of my frustrations in the past so I can relate.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back