Livernois Stage 3 heads...Valve Guide Failures

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So I got a 326 ci Big Bore built and going through the motions of getting everything prepped to be put back together. Well I sent my Livernois St. 3 heads to a local machine shop to get a once over before installing them on the shortblock and I get a phone call saying 21 of my 24 valve guides are junk and need to be replaced.We sent the heads to another machine shop that is much more familiar with Ford Modular heads and they confirmed them being bad and replaced all 24 for me. What can be the cause of this? I have around 1500 miles on them and the were on the 302 that had problems.

Tre06GTP1SC

South Texas Death Ride
Reaction score
Well I all have to say is at least they were caught while they were off the car and didnt cause any damage. Ive been through this.

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you for responding to my pm. I'm going to do some investigation on our end to see what we can do to help you out. I will send another pm shortly, please reply at your convenience.

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

Tre06GTP1SC

South Texas Death Ride
Reaction score
I should add that Rick and Livernois took care of me with my guide issues as well, and I was pleased with the outcome.

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the PM Rick...As I said in the PM there was no damage to anything from the guides. The guides have already been replaced and the heads are sitting at my builders awaiting installation on the short block. I appreciate your concern Rick and did not make this post to slander Livernois just to get info.

Reaction score
I purchased a set of used low mile MMR heads, the guides were trashed, 8 bent intakes and 5 bent exh. valves, I was thinking it might have been a Harmonics issue caused by the spings MMR used, I talked with SD about this and he said no, keep us informed on what you find, it would be nice to know what causes this on some builds...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back