Local Car Shows and My Attempt at Photography

ZPounds09GT

forum member
Reaction score
Ever since I got my car I have really picked up a liking for taking pictures of cars. Instagram hasn't helped the addiction much either. So I figured I would try to develop some photography skills while at my local shows so here are some links for you all to enjoy along with a few of my favorites embedded in for those who don't want to click the links.

Mustangs Unlimited, Ga

Caffeine and Octane, Ga (Cars and Coffee for most other states)

Summit Racing, Ga

If y'all would like to point out anything I could do to better my skills that would be appreciated. Anywho.. Thanks for looking and enjoy!

9421556197_e408166309_c.jpg

9424330258_39ec89b5d0_c.jpg

9424290738_ea56ddca36_c.jpg

9676712286_f6dbc02b98_c.jpg

9676713968_345484f16b_c.jpg

9676718400_77f4cd7639_c.jpg

9673475597_13774362ea_c.jpg

9676645294_34a8d1186f_c.jpg

9673433555_410762cb24_c.jpg

9676650210_6e896ffab4_c.jpg

9673435549_1cc85cfb5f_c.jpg

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Dang, great shots and some awesome rides! I need to take a road trip to Atlanta for one of the meets.

ZPounds09GT

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks onehotpny!

Dang, great shots and some awesome rides! I need to take a road trip to Atlanta for one of the meets.

DO IT! We have a pretty big crew of Mustangs that go to the Caffeine and Octane show, big variety of cars. We had a Bugatti show up two months ago. it's more of a cruise-in though than a show.

good job. the only improvement I could suggest is more tits.

seriously though, they are some good pics

Lol. I'll work on the tits part.

But thanks!

saleenman

forum member
Reaction score
I'd say your damn good. Shot are awesome!

Love that Shelby cobra Color is amazing

ZPounds09GT

forum member
Reaction score
I'd say your damn good. Shot are awesome!

Love that Shelby cobra Color is amazing

Thanks! :) The Cobra got a lot of attention from photographers but not much of a crowd unfortunately.

Nice shots! Nice rides too, looks like a great show!

Thank you man! Some of the cars around here are really amazing.

There was a late 60's or early 70's Mach 1 with all Carbon Fiber panels and a GT40 motor/blower/tranny swap in it. It was awesome! The pictures I got of it turned out like crap thanks to messed up settings.

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
Thank you! I need some nice GT500's to shoot. Lol.

If we were closer I'd gladly let you take a few of mine, I try to take a few pics but I still haven't caught on to it all lol. If I had not read the first post and just looked at the pics, I would have never guessed that you were just getting started.

ZPounds09GT

forum member
Reaction score
If we were closer I'd gladly let you take a few of mine, I try to take a few pics but I still haven't caught on to it all lol. If I had not read the first post and just looked at the pics, I would have never guessed that you were just getting started.

Hmm.. now that's something I like to hear. Lol. I'd love to shoot your car, the nice drop and choice of wheels are perfect for it.

The camera settings and editing make a big difference. Backgrounds helps too but good backgrounds are hard to find at car shows. Haha.

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
A bit oversaturated for my tastes. Also, I hate angled shots. I know they do that it car magazines, but car magazines dont normally have very good photography anyway.

ZPounds09GT

forum member
Reaction score
A bit oversaturated for my tastes. Also, I hate angled shots. I know they do that it car magazines, but car magazines dont normally have very good photography anyway.

No real saturation changes were made technically, just changes in brightness of lights and darks and sharpness mostly.

The reason for the angled shots also were to block out certain scenery (ie. people, other cars, pets.. stuff like that) and to give the eye another way of viewing the car instead of the same monotonous angle. It also changes the way the picture is captured by the lens.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
I like the pics, especially the blue AC Cobra.

My only suggestion, and this may seem pretty lame, is your watermark. The photos are just about professional quality, and then you have this 80's metal band style watermark/logo. IMHO, it really takes away from the pictures. My eye is immediately drawn to it, especially since you went light on dark, dark on light. I can understand that you want to mark your work as your own, but maybe consider a different font or a logo possibly?

ZPounds09GT

forum member
Reaction score
I like the pics, especially the blue AC Cobra.

My only suggestion, and this may seem pretty lame, is your watermark. The photos are just about professional quality, and then you have this 80's metal band style watermark/logo. IMHO, it really takes away from the pictures. My eye is immediately drawn to it, especially since you went light on dark, dark on light. I can understand that you want to mark your work as your own, but maybe consider a different font or a logo possibly?

Thanks.

Yeah it's partially because it's so big, when editing it looks a lot smaller too. I have been wanting to check into just a graphic and small printed name below it or next to it but I haven't had the chance.

As far as the font itself, Bad Apple Arts has kind of an edgy sound to it (to me at least) so I wanted a font that matched it more. (although the name is derived from the color of my car which is Dark Candy Apple Red)

ZPounds09GT

forum member
Reaction score
That would be awesome. Would he do another set of them for a friend? :thumb:

My friend bought a spare set of headlights and sent them to HIDRetrofitLights.com and he did all the work. They were pretty pricey.

I'm waiting on a picture still. He said he will send one later today.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back