LOL SVT

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
I've been following Junkman for years. Just because you feel he is a noob since he just joined SVT this year, doesn't mean he is a noob. He is literally on every major car forum, detailing forum and has worked with the "pros" even though I would consider him one myself.

He also said he could do a "single stage" on a fleet of cars. He never said it was the most efficient technique. Junkman said it in reference to the fact that the guy that posted the thread was tearing up his pads. That means poor technique, too much pressure, too high of a speed setting on his DA/Polisher, etc.

Junkman is FAR from being a "newb" at detailing.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
That fucker had the gall to dig at me asking if I was drafted. I will surely get an infraction for my reply, fuck him.

Hmmmm well he seems to be old enough for Vietnam, did it occur to you that he might be thinking you were one of the many tens of thousands who was drafted? He also thanked you for your service as well.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've been following Junkman for years. Just because you feel he is a noob since he just joined SVT this year, doesn't mean he is a noob. He is literally on every major car forum, detailing forum and has worked with the "pros" even though I would consider him one myself.

He also said he could do a "single stage" on a fleet of cars. He never said it was the most efficient technique. Junkman said it in reference to the fact that the guy that posted the thread was tearing up his pads. That means poor technique, too much pressure, too high of a speed setting on his DA/Polisher, etc.

Junkman is FAR from being a "newb" at detailing.

He does appear to know how to detail. But, I can also just see some noob buffing the entire car with one pad (with a piece of grit embedded), then wiping down and wondering why the car is scratched to hell. His advice seems geared to a guy who has experience. I think he was to locked into his vid. The advice he was giving before the vid came up seemed on target to me.

Hmmmm well he seems to be old enough for Vietnam, did it occur to you that he might be thinking you were one of the many tens of thousands who was drafted? He also thanked you for your service as well.

He has that cocky, smooth talking, military, black way of talking/presenting himself. Any one who has been in the service knows exactly what I am talking about. It never bothered me, but it DOES bother some. In part because some of those guys knew their shit and some didn't, and if you chose poorly, they would roll you right under the bus with a smile.

Like I said over there, if he posts and is helpful, a win for those guys.

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score

To insult me then thank me for my service is talking out of both sides of his mouth. I served with plenty of Vietnam Vet who didn't share his views. I'm done with that sub forum, they have the typical SVT "protector" attitude for the special folks. Junkman is now that subs new mascot...

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
To insult me then thank me for my service is talking out of both sides of his mouth. I served with plenty of Vietnam Vet who didn't share his views. I'm done with that sub forum, they have the typical SVT "protector" attitude for the special folks. Junkman is now that subs new mascot...

I think he would have done better to put the first part of the post in quotes.

It sounds like the guy might be on to something. I haven't watched any of his videos, but I might if I get bored.

The other guy, who keeps saying your service record doesn't mean however many *s, is the one who irks me.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mach is a marine with a very thick skull. He is reading but not understanding.

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
Well I refuse to read the thread anymore since my last comment, as I know the ball lickers will defend the new mascot... The Mach dude is stubborn as well and will not give him the satisfaction of any kind of reply either... Anyway thanks for listening to my vent.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
Grabber you missed the point of that thread. He was offering advice telling a noob that he only had to use one pad to do a whole car. A lot of pro's dont recommend that.

Itll buff out????

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1056201-So-I-Wrecked-My-Vette

I don't really believe I missed the point of the thread. I went back to re-read it AGAIN and here is what I come up with.

OP advises that he used a new buffer his wife bought him and half-way through the job the pad fell apart.

Junkman's first post was explaining that his technique may be off and too much pressure was applied. He then said he can done "One Stage" of buffing on a fleet of cars.

He then posted he could do 5 cars (Clarifies how many here) to do a single stage and won't rip through the pad.

Bullitts first post was very direct. His 2nd post then turned to sarcasm which IMHO instigated this. Then it went downhill from there.

For the sake of detailing, I've NEVER torn up a pad. Ever. I have over 30+ pads of various colors. When I used Adam's pads I had them for several months putting about 20 hours of work into them and they would barely start to wear down, but, not to the point of tearing up, etc.

I've also used one pad to do most of a car in a single stage correction before it got to the point where the compound was clumping and the pad was too saturated with it. Then I change pads.

Do I think it is a bit of a stretch to do 5 cars with a full single stage correction with one pad? Yes, I do. Is it impossible? I, nor any of you know that answer until we attempt it.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
HGH.gif

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back