N20JUNKY

forum member
Reaction score
Tried them too lol but haven't tried them with the cats maybe I should try that

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm looking to get some long tube headers with an H pipe, but my main concern is passing emissions testing after. Does anyone have experience with this? I assume my best bet would be to get a catted mid pipe and make sure the tuner leaves the rear 02 sensors on. I read that the spark plug non fouler trick doesnt work 100%

I was leaning towards JBA since they are one of the few that offer a H pipe. Not overly concerned with gains mainly looking for that low muscle car tone. I traded in my 08 GT with Pypes LTs w/Hpipe for my '12 5.0 and I miss that sound like crazy lol.

Thanks for any and all advice in advance.

Just pay a little place $20 extra to pass. I live in Atascocita, I know how it goes lol

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Do you have a shop like that to recommend?

Might wanna ask that question via PM.

I had HF cats and Kooks LTs on the 07 and it wouldn't pass. Had to go with "option B" like stated above. Now I have ARH (LTs) and a o/r mid pipe on the 2011.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
Just got a "Your care didn't fail but we can't pass you" for the rear O2s being turned off. Put the reducer in the Airaid and loaded the stock tune with the Kooks and catted h-pipe with non foulers. No MIL during idle. Reved it up a few times and all is good. All that is left is take through a drive cycle.

Check engine light came on. SOB.

Last edited:

Bigmack2012Gb

Roll Racer
Reaction score
I live in pa and we have california emissions/inspection here. I was able to get an emissions tune from Lund Racing that passes perfect. As long as the inspection place doesn't do a visual you are good to go :) +1 For Lund.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
Just got a "Your care didn't fail but we can't pass you" for the rear O2s being turned off. Put the reducer in the Airaid and loaded the stock tune with the Kooks and catted h-pipe with non foulers. No MIL during idle. Reved it up a few times and all is good. All that is left is to take through a drive cycle.

Check engine light came on. SOB!

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I passed this weekend, non foulers in the O/R x after a 40 mile drive cycle.
Had to have a tune sent to me with the o2's turned on.

I had a little "help" with the visual. But in the computer everything passed and the o2 sensors were ready without a check engine light.

non foulers work, and I keep and "emissions" tune in the tuner for next time.
dorman 42009, they are 5 bucks for a pack of two at vatozone.

Last edited:

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
What was the CEL code?

I don't remember the number but both sides threw a catalyst efficiency code as a description. Must be because Kooks are the best flowing header out there :naughty1:

Anyway I have till June 19 to play around with them. Might have to get dyno tuned to fix the problem.

Last edited:

Chente_04

forum member
Reaction score
Good luck Rob keep us updated on what works for you. Im getting my Kooks and catted H pipe installed this friday so i will be in the same boat soon enough.

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
I am installing my JBA LT headers and Catted H Pipe Saturday....but I have another year before my inspection is due.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't remember the number but both sides threw a catalyst efficiency code as a description. Must be because Kooks are the best flowing header out there :naughty1:

Anyway I have till June 19 to play around with them. Might have to get dyno tuned to fix the problem.

I pulled up this thread specifically to see if anyone in Maryland got their car to pass emissions with long tube headers. Do you have off-road pipes or high-flow cats?

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
I pulled up this thread specifically to see if anyone in Maryland got their car to pass emissions with long tube headers. Do you have off-road pipes or high-flow cats?

High flow cats. When I get it to pass I'll post how I did it. I thought that the non foulers would have worked for sure.

I may have to compare the opening of a spark plug non fouler to the O2 non foulers that I installed to see if it's smaller.

Last edited:

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
High flow cats. When I get it to pass I'll post how I did it. I thought that the non foulers would have worked for sure.

I may have to compare the opening of a spark plug non fouler to the O2 non foulers that I installed to see if it's smaller.

Have you tried calling JPC? They're located near Glen Burnie and should (presumably) have experience with getting cars to pass emissions.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back