Looking for good shop around Sf Bay Area

dascoyne

Enormous Member
Reaction score
More precisely I live in Palo Alto and I'm looking for someone to install a Saleen 6.5 supercharger into my 2010 GT and do a couple of dyno pulls.

TPS Motorsports in Campbell quoted me $7000 installed with warranty for that s/c. Seemed like a good price.

Does any one have any experience with TPS Motorsports? Or does anyone have someone else to recommend?

Thanks.

BOSS324

Sinister Sleeper
Reaction score
dascoyne,

In addition to TPS check with these tuners as well:

Tell them Brian with the Marauder recommended you;)

AED - Advancedenginedevelopment.com Sacramento - Shawn/Drew
Vendicated Tuning - vendicatedtuning.com Modesto - Billy Rollins
Dynotuning - dynotuning.com Santa Rosa
NextGen - nextgenautosport.com Hayward

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
If you have the homies I would really try to do the install yourself. you will save big time and most of the systems will take a weekend to do.. also you have many here that can help you if you get stuck

kahmann

forum member
Reaction score
TPS is run by Mike Mak. Mike Mak has a long history of blowing up Mustang motors. He used to run a shop called Apex.
You want a recommendation in the area? Anywhere but TPS.

Brian already gave you the top 2 in Nor-Cal for tuning, but I'll say it again.
AED - Cameron Park, CA
Vendicated Tuning - Modesto, CA

lostsoul

Reaction score
I remember taking my 99 to apex before mike mak. That place was bad azz.... ahhh the good ol days

dascoyne

Enormous Member
Reaction score
Thanks - that really helps.
I had no idea Mike at TPS was the same fella from Apex ... I had heard frightening stuff about Apex ...definitely looking elsewhere ... Vendicated looks like the best option for me right now.

lostsoul

Reaction score
looks like I will be with AED.. really though.. try to install it yourself unless you got $$$$$$$$$$

dascoyne

Enormous Member
Reaction score
... noted ...

Say, it's been a while since I've seen "Kentucky Fried Movie." Gotta see it again.

Q: "Who are these?"
A: "Just lost drunken men who don't know where they are and no longer care .... and THESE are lost drunken men who don't know where they are and DO care .... and these are men who know were they are, care but don't drink..."

lostsoul

Reaction score
Dynotuning - dynotuning.com Santa Rosa

hell no,.. I will never forgive them after what they did to me..

" had me come over on a Saturday and pay $700 bucks for them to tune OVER my exhaust leak! I even told him at that time that I think I have one!!
Even the dyno graph was all F'ed up.. he told me it might be a plug issue!! AHHHHHH 700 bucks.. F them and MMR..

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
More precisely I live in Palo Alto and I'm looking for someone to install a Saleen 6.5 supercharger into my 2010 GT and do a couple of dyno pulls.

TPS Motorsports in Campbell quoted me $7000 installed with warranty for that s/c. Seemed like a good price.

Does any one have any experience with TPS Motorsports? Or does anyone have someone else to recommend?

Thanks.

Install it yourself and have Adam STM) tune it next time he's at the Whipple factory in Fresno.

me32

forum member
Reaction score
im gonne have to recommend both AED an TPS i have had tunning done at AED with Shaun an he does top notch tunning. i also have had headers an Subframes installed at TPS by Vince an they also do top notch work. so i would highly recommend both thoe shops. also TPS is an Authorized Saleen seller an installer.

Impact 5.0

Don't hate..Appreciate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Save yourself a major headache and listen to those who have learned the hard way up here.. GO TO AED! Only shop around here who knows our cars.

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score
TPS is run by Mike Mak. Mike Mak has a long history of blowing up Mustang motors. He used to run a shop called Apex.
You want a recommendation in the area? Anywhere but TPS.

Brian already gave you the top 2 in Nor-Cal for tuning, but I'll say it again.
AED - Cameron Park, CA
Vendicated Tuning - Modesto, CA

Ohhh....maybe you hadn't heard about Vendicated....he screwed a bunch of people and left town. Yeah, some people didn't even get thier cars back. The Killer 302 Stroker he sold me turned out to be a junk yard special that ran on 7 cylinders. He jacked me around for over 2 years until he dissapeared.....there's a link about this some where....I'll have to dig it up.

I ended up taking it to TPS and they straightened everything out.
I should have gone there in the first place. :mad2:

lostsoul

Reaction score
I dont have the time to go through 10 pages but I remember Something was up when we were at TPS and Tony tried to tune it. Looks like you went though years of hell too =-/.

As the years have gone by it makes me sick thinking of the 1000s I wasted for nothing and all the BS games that have been done. I should have bought a house.. haha

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score
I dont have the time to go through 10 pages but I remember Something was up when we were at TPS and Tony tried to tune it. Looks like you went though years of hell too =-/.

As the years have gone by it makes me sick thinking of the 1000s I wasted for nothing and all the BS games that have been done. I should have bought a house.. haha

Yeah, thats when I knew something was seriously wrong.
Billy kept saying it was fouled plugs etc.

I have the same thoughts about a house....but at least now my car is correct.

dascoyne

Enormous Member
Reaction score

Are you talking about Billy/Vendicated? That prick is still at large.

In fairness my experience with Mike/TPS has been positive.

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score
Are you talking about Billy/Vendicated? That prick is still at large.

In fairness my experience with Mike/TPS has been positive.
Yes...thats the guy.

Mike at TPS is the guy that took care of me.
You would not believe all the crap that was wrong with my car....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back