Looking for old license plates

5spd07gt

Captain Ninja
Reaction score
I'm finishing off my detached garage next month with some fresh paint etc. I have a project that I need a bunch of old/unregistered license plates for. I prefer vanity/personalized tags or atleast a special plate (not standard solid white). I don't really care what the vanity plates say. Not looking to pay a fortune. If you're too far for me to pick them up I'll gladly cover shipping. I estimate I'll need close to 100 so I appreciate the help. I think I have 10 already so I have a ways to go. Not picky on state either. Would actually prefer as many different states as possible. If you have something please PM me or shoot me a text 301 three three eight 1855. Thanks in advance

Gremlin85

forum member
Reaction score
I have one from my old cobalt ss turbo that says "FSTSDN" or Fast Sedan. PM your address and I'll just send it.

SNKPWR

forum member
Reaction score
I have two missouri (matching numbers, not personalized) and two Kentucky (not personalized) that I would sell. I'm keeping my "SNKPWR" plates for my garage wall.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How soon do you need them and how many do you want? Can't tell what State you are in but looks like you are in a mid-Atlantic State from your club name. Carlisle is the 3rd week of April lots of guys selling plates. Sometimes super cheap. Couple bucks and up.

5spd07gt

Captain Ninja
Reaction score
How soon do you need them and how many do you want? Can't tell what State you are in but looks like you are in a mid-Atlantic State from your club name. Carlisle is the 3rd week of April lots of guys selling plates. Sometimes super cheap. Couple bucks and up.

yeah i'm an hour from Carlisle and have attended the last 5 or 6 years. I don't mind paying a couple bucks if they have a cool background or a vanity plate. Problem is I need around 100 and at even $2 each that's $200, $5 is $500. Not looking to dump that kind of money into it.

No clue what they're worth...$5 each?

Not to be rude but like I just mentioned, at $5 each this project will cost me $500. No offense, but I've got a few text's and pm's and so far no one wants a dime, not even for shipping which I offered to pay. I think the total is around 8 tags that are suppose to be on the way. I'd maybe pay $5 if it was personalized with something cool. Most people just toss out the regular ones.

BTW guys, I have some plain VA (6) and MS (3) tags I'd be willing to trade. Nothing special, just basic tags. And I can throw in an airlift sticker :beer:

SNKPWR

forum member
Reaction score
That's why I said I don't know what they're worth. I don't mind sending them but they're just regular plates. If you want to cover the shipping ill just send them to you. Maybe $10 (I'd prefer to UPS them as it is easier for me)

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yeah i'm an hour from Carlisle and have attended the last 5 or 6 years. I don't mind paying a couple bucks if they have a cool background or a vanity plate. Problem is I need around 100 and at even $2 each that's $200, $5 is $500. Not looking to dump that kind of money into it.

Gonna be pretty hard to score a hundred plates for less than a couple hundred bucks.

I bought 50 plates (one from each State) of a fellow forum member to put in my garage for, I think it was $75. That was a smoking deal. I need to replace the NV plate (it's a fake, which I knew when I bought them) and I want to add a plate from each territory to it. I'm gonna look at spring Carlisle for what I want. My fmaily has spaces so I can take a couple days to hunt. I expect to pay at least $5-10 each.

5spd07gt

Captain Ninja
Reaction score
Gonna be pretty hard to score a hundred plates for less than a couple hundred bucks.

I bought 50 plates (one from each State) of a fellow forum member to put in my garage for, I think it was $75. That was a smoking deal. I need to replace the NV plate (it's a fake, which I knew when I bought them) and I want to add a plate from each territory to it. I'm gonna look at spring Carlisle for what I want. My fmaily has spaces so I can take a couple days to hunt. I expect to pay at least $5-10 each.

I have over 20 plates now. Haven't paid for a single one yet. I've offered to cover shipping etc but everyone has been more than generous. I'm trying to keep the project under $100. So far so good.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back