looking on buying some parts tomorrow.

Sonicblue_s197

forum member
Reaction score
so im gunna be dropping off the mustang at the shop sat morning to get it retuned. I was talking to the guy tuning it and he said it would be a good idea to throw a throttle body on it so he could set it up right. I told him I would order a ford racing twin 62mm Monday but he said to go with a super cobra jet single blade throttle body and an adaptor, problem is iv never heard or seen anybody run one of these. Il be calling lethal in the morning to see what they say or if they have an adaptor. iv been researching all week on throttle bodies and the ford racing 62mm might be the best one out there or am I missing one?

I gotta uprade my brakes and shocks also.
looking at the power slot rotors and the baer rotors off of lethal
with the hawk hps pads and braided steel brake lines,

shocks are the last thing I gotta do for suspension and im stuck between the tokico d spec adjustable fronts and rears, qa1 single or double adjustable shocks with the coilover setup up front im just trying to figure out if its worth the extra 100 bucks per shock on the doubles. and the strange adjustable shocks, i use the car 50/50 street/strip with over 800+ rwhp. if you guys have any suggestion on this let me know. thanks

shelbie67

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure what type of mustang (engine) this is for but here is my experience....

I had decent gains with a 62mm throttle body on my 08 4.6L mustang on the dyno, i would go with what you feel comfortable in regards to the price..any thoughts on FI?

As far as brakes go...
you won't regreat the Stainless Steel brake lines at ALL or the Hawk HPS pads. These are great upgrades! I had the DBA 5000 rotors on my 08 GT. Loved the look and performance. Car would stop a 100 times faster! Power slot is a great company as well.
Can't go wrong here!

Sonicblue_s197

forum member
Reaction score
I knew I forgot something, it's an 05 gt with a built motor, f1a procharger on 20 psi,

shelbie67

forum member
Reaction score
The uni-blade throttle body will have more airflow for your supercharger. Do you have an intake manifold?

What kind of strip are you involved in? If you only drag race then I would say single adjustable shocks would be fine, anything track the coil over will be nice.

What's the reason for the retune?

Sonicblue_s197

forum member
Reaction score
Well I talked to lethal and they said the single blade throttle body wouldn't work so I ordered the twin bore 65 mm from ford racing, I'm running the stock intake for now cuz my stock hood wouldn't close with the jpc, Il be running the jpc intake once I get a new hood. I just run 1/4 mile and street pretty much that's it.

I'm getting it retuned because I'm still on my break in tune, I'm making 700 rwhp at 6000 on 13 degrees of timing and around 19 psi, with the Rev limiter set at 6000 rpm, we are gonna take it up to 7500 rpm and add more timing

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Why not look into the C&L or the FRPP manifold? They would fit with a stock hood.

Sonicblue_s197

forum member
Reaction score
Cuz I already got the jpc intake just need the steeda cowl hood I been wanting to finish it up.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back