Lost my little copilot today...RIP

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Lost our Boxer Shelby to Cancer today. Had to put him down. He was an awesome dog. Loved cars, knew the sound of a mustang, and was truly a charmer. The house seems so empty without his presence. Damn dogs. They make it so hard to say goodbye by being so loving and loyal. :angels2:

5Xaqocp.jpg

wckdgt

forum member
Reaction score
sorry for your loss chad. I know how you feel I had to put my boxer down 2 yrs ago when he was 11.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Bob. Means a lot. I always joked calling him C.B. ( Block) because he slept with us. Now I miss feeling the cinnamon roll curled up in bed between us. We're Boxer fiends so we'll end up with another one once we have some time to mend. I could never imagine losing a child, losing a dog is harsh enough.

Jyard

Jyard
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. I know how you're feeling. My family dog is on the verge of going any day now. I try to give her as much loving as I can before she goes.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about CB. Sitting here with my lil feller in my lap and sending good vibes your way.

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your loss. At least he is no longer in pain. Cancer can suck a major weinie.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

wckdgt

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Bob. Means a lot. I always joked calling him C.B. ( Block) because he slept with us. Now I miss feeling the cinnamon roll curled up in bed between us. We're Boxer fiends so we'll end up with another one once we have some time to mend. I could never imagine losing a child, losing a dog is harsh enough.

took us a year, then we got 2! brother and sister. Roush and Shelby

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Almost 3am and this house is so frickin quiet. Can't sleep. Thanks for the photos and kind words. Means a lot.

Last edited:

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. I know how you're feeling. My family dog is on the verge of going any day now. I try to give her as much loving as I can before she goes.

Give her all the attention you can, and love on her. Be her strength for her now when she needs it most. Sorry as well for your near future loss.

RCrumb

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That really sucks man. I feel for you. My 8 yr old boxer was diagnosed last Sat with Lymphoma, it was my birthday. Talk about a shitty present. Boxers are awesome dogs, so personal. Cheers

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
That really sucks man. I feel for you. My 8 yr old boxer was diagnosed last Sat with Lymphoma, it was my birthday. Talk about a shitty present. Boxers are awesome dogs, so personal. Cheers

So sorry to hear your bad news. They are personal dogs no doubt. I am so sorry to hear you are going to have to go through similar roller coaster ride we have been on. Enjoy him/her and do as much with them as you can. We took him on walks as we could, people he knew came to visit, took him on a Mustang Cruise and cook out, fed him filet mignon for his birthday. Anything was fair game for the guy. My wife slept with him in the living room his last month alive because he could not get comfortable sleeping on the bed with us any longer. If like Shelby he has been given a short future, love on him and be his support. I pray you can forego having to make that call and he will pass away peacefully in his sleep when that time comes. I will think of you and him and pray for you both as well.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss sir. Dogs are truly God's gift to man.

From Big10 to ACC thank you very much for the kind words. I will pass on the kind words to my wife which will have special meaning being she hails from NC from birth.

Dogs are truly a clear indication of God's eternal existence. We're not just believers in God, we believe and strive to do as he teaches us as well. Doesn't make us perfect or better, and we often times fail. Thankfully he put a plan in place for our failure as well. No more preachin'. I'm done. Thank you again. Always look forward to our trips to OB Emerald Isle. Can never eat enough hush puppies or Carolina BBQ. And you can take that quote direct from a Bob Knight/IU fan.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
Sorry to hear brother. My female is pushing 11 and starting to slow down a little. I honestly can not imagine our family without her in it. My male is 6 now. He's a doofus.

picture.php

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the photo. Beautiful fawns. Shelby was truly a knuckle head. Bailey before him was the proper lady. She was reverse brindle. He was more of a dog, she was more human. Hug and and love em.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
I do man. Every day. Roll around with them till the slobber becomes too much, then off to the shower. lol

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
:( Sorry to hear the sad news. I hope when y'all are ready to find another that you will find one in need of a home. I hate seeing these poor animals being left to die in a shelter or on the streets.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
:( Sorry to hear the sad news. I hope when y'all are ready to find another that you will find one in need of a home. I hate seeing these poor animals being left to die in a shelter or on the streets.

Shelby was an adoption in need of a new home about 6 weeks after we lost our first via a fellow Mustanger from anther forum. He (Shelby our Boxer) chose us when we went to see him for the first time. Once grieving has subsided and we can rationalize clearly, adoption may be an alternative again. It's all in how opportunities present themselves. Thank you for the kind words.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back