Lost my little copilot today...RIP

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I had to put down my golden retriever about three years ago at age 14. That was without a doubt the saddest day of my life, and I've been through some stuff. So i can understand your sorrow. Just take solace in knowing that you gave him a great life. I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP Shelby

BTW, I have a three year old black lab named Shelby. You can always tell the Mustang guys' dogs...

Last edited:

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
I had to put down my golden retriever about three years ago at age 14. That was without a doubt the saddest day of my life, and I've been through some stuff. So i can understand your sorrow. Just take splice in knowing that you gave him a great life. I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP Shelby

BTW, I have a three year old black lab named Shelby. You can always tell the Mustang guys' dogs...

thanks for the kind words. We adopted Shelby from a mustang lover.

RCrumb

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here's my guy last yr, prior to cancer. Looks a bit like your Shelby, RIP.

Attachments

• IMG_0039.jpg
    IMG_0039.jpg
    478.3 KB · Views: 2

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Thought I'd update for the rescue minded. We drove 2 hours yesterday to meet Lily a 2-3 year old boxer rescue that was found running stray near Columbus, Indiana. The meet and greet was a success and Lily is laying (lying?) here at my feet as I update this thread. She is a 2-3 year old and has some rough edges but she sure is a lover and snuggle bug.
DKAICCC.jpg

Zp84GIQ.jpg

It is nice to once again hear toe nails on the kitchen floor, the popping sound made by floppy ears on a shaking head, the sighs, the groans, and the Boxer farts. Yes even that stink is a welcome return. LOL!

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lost our Boxer Shelby to Cancer today. Had to put him down. He was an awesome dog. Loved cars, knew the sound of a mustang, and was truly a charmer. The house seems so empty without his presence. Damn dogs. They make it so hard to say goodbye by being so loving and loyal. :angels2:

5Xaqocp.jpg

Chad,

Sorry about the loss of your Buddy.
icon9.gif

Terry

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
Thought I'd update for the rescue minded. We drove 2 hours yesterday to meet Lily a 2-3 year old boxer rescue that was found running stray near Columbus, Indiana. The meet and greet was a success and Lily is laying (lying?) here at my feet as I update this thread. She is a 2-3 year old and has some rough edges but she sure is a lover and snuggle bug.

Awesome!!! Congrats....2 of our 3 dogs are rescues also.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Chad,

Sorry about the loss of your Buddy.
icon9.gif

Terry

Thanks Terry. We miss him and the one before as well. And Lily will have her own place in our home as well. Each has their own uniqueness, but they also all have some common traits as well that make us smile and remind us of Shelby and Bailey before him.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score

It is nice to once again hear toe nails on the kitchen floor, the popping sound made by floppy ears on a shaking head, the sighs, the groans, and the Boxer farts. Yes even that stink is a welcome return. LOL!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :happythumbs: :happythumbs: :happythumbs:

stlsteph08

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry about your loss. He was absolutely beautiful, but so is your new baby!

We rescued a pitbull almost a year ago and she has been the best dog! Now we have 2 pits and a Sheltie.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words. So far Lily is doing fine other than struggling with crate training. Wish we could trust her to roam free in the house as we did Shelby, but she is way too new to the surroundings and we are all still getting to know each other. She is only in for 4 hours at a time since MRS redfire (yes she prefers MRS over MS) works part time and is home by noon every day. Hopefully at some point the trust will be there to let her remain uncrated while we are away. Just depends. Our first Bailey was never that trustworthy alone.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back