louvers alum vs abs .....and..... stock rims/tires or these bullitts?

deezdrama

forum member
Reaction score
Couple questions where Im looking for advice or experience....

Im thinking about getting some rear window louvers. Are the aluminum ones far superior to the abs plastic ones?

https://www.americanmuscle.com/willpak-rear-window-louvers-smooth-aluminum-1014.html
vs
https://www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-abs-rear-window-louvers-10114.html

I have some staggered 18" chrome bullitt rims that I bought on craigslist years ago, they came off a 2007 mustang I think he said. I bought them for my crown vic and drove on them for a couple years. I just put new tires on rears recently and never even drove on them yet.
They are in decent shape with a little pitting around spokes where they meet the hub. Thought about maybe painting them black. The rears are 275/40s so the profile is about an inch smaller height compared to stock setup on my 2010 gt so wonder if it would look goofy or if these achilles atr sportz tires are just crap? Should I just keep stocks on untill i buy new or would these be ok for a while? Heres pic of them on my vic.

Screenshot_2018-03-01-18-53-37.png

Dreadknought

HOON MONSTER
Reaction score
I think the aluminum louvers are much better looking. Between the thinner, "shaper" material, and seeing some plastic ones that look like they have warped right out of the mold, I'll choose aluminum everytime.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
1982 was a long time ago, leave the louvers back in that decade.
I think they look silly on rear window. What looks better is 15% rear tint..and also same on 1/4 windows. Louvers on the 1/4 windows looks just fine.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
^^^Agree^^^

Had my Bullitt tinted (all windows & front sun-strip) for $350...less than louvers and much easier to see/clean windows. Had louvers on two former "Stangs ('70 302 Boss & '84 Ghia)...sucked to clean & rear visibility was blocked.

JMO, but look into the tint option...

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
^^^^^ Agree ^^^^

I had a 75 Trans Am with aluminum louvers. It looked great on that car but cleaning them and the back glass was tough. Then after you dry it off after washing it and detailing it the water just keeps running down from somewhere. It looks flawless and then you take it to town and notice the water streaks all down the back of the car. That will piss you off if your OCD is as bad as mine. I like the look but it's just too much trouble. It's your car.....do what you like.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back