Low Mileage 2006 Convertible Mustang GT Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

1950StangJump$

forum member
Reaction score
I'm selling this vehicle for my uncle, who is not a forum member. He is, however, a 50+ year old man who takes very good care of his vehicles. He has several toys, and he has decided to sell this one. The car is located in Winchester, VA, and it has only a few tasteful cosmetic modifications, as noted below.

This 2006 Mustang GT Premium convertible, 5-speed manual transmission, has approximately 38k miles on it. It was purchased in June 2009 with 19k miles. So, as you can tell, it has spent much of its time garaged. Most of the driving has been during the summer months. To the best of our knowledge, it has never been in an accident, and it has a clear Carfax.

It is performance white, tan interior, with the 6-disk Shaker 500 stereo system that works as new. Power everywhere, including the driver's seat and folding roof. 18" Ford Chrome rims.

The exterior is in EXCELLENT condition, with no door dings, dents, etc. It might have a few minor rock chips on the bumper, but nothing out of whack for the age and mileage. The stripes are aftermarket (1st owner). The side stripes look GREAT. The top stripes are starting to fade a little -- you would have to replace for "show quality," but they still look okay for normal driving. Tires have 50% or more tread left, and the car has a Virginia inspection good until June 2014. The soft top is in great shape -- no scuffs or rips, and it doesn't leak or pick up an unsatisfactory amount of wind/highway noise.

The interior is in very good condition. The driver's seat shows the normal wear for a car of this age/mileage., and there are no material scratches, dings, stains, etc. The only thing you might want to do is replace a clip holding the driver's side seat trim in place (pictured). I have not priced the clip, but I can't imagine it is expensive.

The car runs like a dream. The 300 HP V-8 engine is smooth and powerful, with none of the engine ticks or knocks that some Mustangs were cursed with. The transmission is smooth and tight -- no grinds, lockouts, etc, and the clutch shows no sign of issues (grabs strong and smooth). The suspension rides straight and true, and the car is smooth throughout various speeds. With the exception of routine maintenance and a new battery in January 2012 (victim of winter storage), the car has never even needed service.

The engine/drivetrain has never been modified, i.e. no retunes or performance parts. The car has these cosmetic modifications/parts:

• Chrome trim on sidemarkers and taillights
  • Color Matched side mirror covers
  • White shifter ball (original comes with the car)
  • Various chrome trim and button upgrades in interior
  • Roush off-road axle-back exhaust. This exhaust sounds OUTSTANDING, and it makes the driving experience. Car will also come with the original axle-back exhaust.
  • An uninstalled CDC color matched front splitter still in original box
  • An uninstalled color matched hood scoop still in original box

EDIT: Price is dropped to $16,500. Shipping can be arranged at buyer's expense. PM me if interested!

Pictures are from Saturday, 12/21/13, so you know you're viewing the car in its true and current condition.

Last edited:

1950StangJump$

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments. This car has really made me consider getting back into the Mustang game.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I agree with the fellas above, that really is a clean looking 'vert! Makes me miss my '07 GT/CS Vert.

1950StangJump$

forum member
Reaction score
Bump on this.

It has been garaged since within a week of the original post and the pictures.

Uncle has dropped the price to $16,500.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back