Lund TT kit Alpha X build (Goin heads up racing)

Wicked97

forum member
Reaction score
Saw 1050 at 6700rpm and low timing with some initial tuning, that is the corrected number so about 850ish actual to the tire up here at elevation. The car with the glide and sloppy converter doesn't really dyno well. The next update should come from the track where we are going to do the tuning when the car can be loaded hard like it needs. Wish I had the 6r80 with a locked converter for some dyno whoring even though that's not what it is built for..haha

Car is definitely not a dyno queen but that number gives an idea of what is possible. I'm hoping that combined with the light weight makes for a fun ride

850 at that elevation is no punk bitch!!!!

thats pretty legit!

who did your converter? how sloppy is it? Turbo = Tight converter

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
thats pretty legit!

who did your converter? how sloppy is it? Turbo = Tight converter

A local guy "Branting industries" did the converter, he does a lot of racers converters up here. He guessed it would flash to 4500 but we had no idea where the car would make power/tq up here. Will find out soon what the converter does, luckily the guy is local so if some changes are needed it'll be a quick turn around. It was a stab in the dark so hoping its close...and I know close here will probably be too loose in bowling green. Sometimes elevation sucks

Guess I should add that the converter was specd out for a race weight of 3400lb. That will actually be 3150 so might be a little tighter due to that? Open to any and all suggestions, this is my first experience with something like this. Guess in the track will tell us if it: s close or not though

Last edited by a moderator:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well now that you have a dyno sheet you could send it to the converter company and see what they think?

It might be a little tight but the turbos may like that. Run it at the track and see what happens. 850rwhp at that weight could be 8s.

You going to try to make it to SCSN9? I am going to be there. Would love to see your car.

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Well now that you have a dyno sheet you could send it to the converter company and see what they think?

It might be a little tight but the turbos may like that. Run it at the track and see what happens. 850rwhp at that weight could be 8s.

You going to try to make it to SCSN9? I am going to be there. Would love to see your car.

Going to Bowling Green next month so might be 1000 actual out there. I'm broke as a joke but still want to fly out to SCSN, will have to see when things get closer. Would love to see your new setup in person and watch it run

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered, but is this just rods and pistons, or did you get into the head as well?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sounds good. My favorite part of a turbo run is that sound as they are going into the beams.

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Definitely doesn't get the same sound a big single does spooling up on the line. I will say I'm now a big fan of leaving on a button instead of footbraking though :rock:

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Not the fastest passes ever as I had it dialed down and was launching at low rpm with low/no boost, but got my licensing passes done today. Feels good to have those out of the way:

ttgg.jpg

Wicked97

forum member
Reaction score
Not the fastest passes ever as I had it dialed down and was launching at low rpm with low/no boost, but got my licensing passes done today. Feels good to have those out of the way:

ttgg.jpg

Looking good man!!

Every little bit of seat time you get will help in the long run!!

You will be bottom 8s in no time :thumb2:

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
got my licensing passes done today

Welcome to the club. Hopefully Div 5 still gives out 4 digit numbers. I had one of those in Div 3, then when I moved down here to Div 4 I got 3 numbers with that damn letter on the end.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

You were supposed to do that BEFORE running 8s at Bowling Green :nk:

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Looking good man!!

Every little bit of seat time you get will help in the long run!!

You will be bottom 8s in no time :thumb2:

The seat time was definitely good. It's already changed from just hanging on to actually being in tune with what is going on over just a handful of runs. Can't wait for next year. The car goes up on stands for the winter now, gonna be a long 5 months of just looking at it sit there

Welcome to the club. Hopefully Div 5 still gives out 4 digit numbers. I had one of those in Div 3, then when I moved down here to Div 4 I got 3 numbers with that damn letter on the end.

Not sure if it translates across but my local track number is B259, wouldn't mind keeping that

You were supposed to do that BEFORE running 8s at Bowling Green :nk:

I thought the car was gonna run 10.001 and it accidentally went 8's? :whistling:

I wanted to do my license passes before going out there. Trailered the car 70 miles to our local track the week before BG to go do my licensing...and forgot the mustang keys at home. Got to BG a day early for a track rental to do licensing and it got rained out. Just wasn't meant to be. As long as my paperwork is all good I should be legit now though. Making copies this week and sending it off.

Unfortunately I'm too broke to make SCSN, would have been nice to see your car run in person. I'll be glued to the live feed though and will keep an eye out for your runs.

Last edited:

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure if it translates across but my local track number is B259, wouldn't mind keeping that

Competition numbers always start with the number of your division, so your number will be 5XXX, 3 numbers then the last digit could be a letter or a number. I used to have 3398, now 400F.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Competition numbers always start with the number of your division, so your number will be 5XXX, 3 numbers then the last digit could be a letter or a number. I used to have 3398, now 400F.

Exactly. I am in Division 7 and my car number is 7670

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Boy, those 60's look familiar...:(

Launching with no boost sucks, hopefully that 2-step helps you. Stretch got some awesome 60's footbraking his with bigger turbos so hopefully you can get yours figured out.

I'd like to get my car in the 1.3x range to get consistent 8's up here. Hard to do with just a dual stage manual boost controller though. Lots of testing to do next year.

Here is what the car does when it gets a 1.3x 60' with 15psi on the 2nd stage

7b7u.jpg

Last edited:
Back