M/T Street Radial Pro's

T-Neck

Here for the Gangbang
Reaction score
Hey Gents, a couple questions on this SRPro. About to pull the trigger, but i'm looking for a couple answers since the tire has been out for a while now, and i'm sure some of you are running them.

A little info:
3:31 gears, TVS car.
M6
pulling 1.8 60s and trapping 128 on a 28" tire currently, but it's a nitto INVO on 20"rims. lots of pedal dancing as i'm sure you know.

How is the stock 8.8 holding up to these tires on higher RPM launches? I know Bias is the way of the world for Stick cars, but i'm really wanting to run a full radial setup as I will be cruising to the track. I only make about 600 wheel, so I don't see myself "overpowering" a radial.

Air pressures? burnout durations?

Thanks guys.

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
Just ordered a set. From what I gather they are very sticky, and you may not want to drive to track with them. Friend said he wore a set out in ~250 miles driving on street. Cars have gone 6s on these tires so they are more than enough to hook. I ordered them for my 1100rwhp corvette. For a 600rwhp car that is driven to the track I would look at maybe just the normal radial. It should hook fine at that level.

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
Say goodbye to that stock rear diff, axle, or tubes with ET Pros. Or if your lucky, and using a stock clutch, it will slip. ET Pros hook hard at the track, by far the best tire Ive ever used. Im willing to bet you will break something n the driveline with these tires.

Last edited:

T-Neck

Here for the Gangbang
Reaction score
Just ordered a set. From what I gather they are very sticky, and you may not want to drive to track with them. Friend said he wore a set out in ~250 miles driving on street. Cars have gone 6s on these tires so they are more than enough to hook. I ordered them for my 1100rwhp corvette. For a 600rwhp car that is driven to the track I would look at maybe just the normal radial. It should hook fine at that level.

The normal radial is the same compound as the Pro, what would make them wear any faster, the lack of a noticeable tread? I would honestly prefer to run the regular radial, but I also don't want to shell out for the rubber and still blow them off out of the hole. I'm sure i'll still be leaving on an aggressive slip, but i'd just like to do it at 5k instead of 3k.

Say goodbye to that stock rear diff, axle, or tubes with ET Pros. Or if your lucky, and using a stock clutch, it will slip. ET Pros hook hard at the track, by far the best tire Ive ever used. Im willing to bet you will break something n the driveline with these tires.

the clutch, D/S and rear suspension bits will all be aftermarket. so the diff/axles will literally be the weak link. even with 31 spline axles, still that much of a time bomb eh? maybe I should just look into the regular radial. haha

another question, being a 3.31 car, would you recommend a 27" tire as opposed to a 28? also, can I run a 28" front and 27" rear without affecting weight transfer/suspension geometry? I'll be running Relo brackets with LCA's on the bottom hole, as i'm lowered almost 2 inches.

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Girdle cover on the differential will help hold your bearings in place on those hard launches. I had well over 250 launches on my stock axle without issue.

T-Neck

Here for the Gangbang
Reaction score
Girdle cover on the differential will help hold your bearings in place on those hard launches. I had well over 250 launches on my stock axle without issue.

Good piece of info! adding that to the list. Any suggestions regarding the 27" rear and 28" front?

deathwishracer

forum member
Reaction score
I could not get bias ply et streets to hook, so I went to a pro radial. Broke spider gears, added a Detroit locker, broke axle. They hook well. I'm a 5-speed convertible 3valve, leaving on a 100 shot with a 4.10. With the right aftermarket parts in the drivetrain, the radial pros give you the traction you need, and don't soak up your power and mph like a bias ply. Also they drive like a street tire, no swaying at the top end. Just my experience.

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
Just going off what I was told by people going fast. Friend runs 6.50s@220+ in an IRS car on the 325 ET streets and street radials and said the pro hook harder, but wear way way faster. For any street use he would run the 325s if you have to drive to the track. They have gone 6s so for a 8/9 second car should be plenty. Friends have the pros and kill them in a few weeks of highway fun, the 325s last ~4-5k miles. Not sure about the rubber being the same. I know the sidewall/construction etc is vastly different.

The pros also don't like to be heat cycled which is part of the reason they dont hold up if you street drive them. If you want ultimate traction go with the pros. If you want something that can drive to the track, run fast, and then go home and some highway pulls I would do the 325/15s.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I could not get the radial pros to spin, even with the 2-step at 6500rpms leaving in boost lol. Very good track tire and very stable I drove 180 miles from the track on them no issue either. And still plenty of tread on them.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
OP: How far do you have to drive when you go to the track??

Do you ever see yourself driving with these in the rain? (hint: you don't want to).

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
I just think their maybe better tires for your use. I'm still debating going to the 325s and my car makes 1100+rwhp on IRS.

T-Neck

Here for the Gangbang
Reaction score
OP: How far do you have to drive when you go to the track??

Do you ever see yourself driving with these in the rain? (hint: you don't want to).

lol, I'm trackin. with my power level, the reg. Street Radial's should be just fine. was going to run the 275/60....but i'm on 3.31 gears. think i should drop to a 295/55?

CraigNnem

forum member
Reaction score
Wish they made a 26" tire. Some of us don't have the power to turn a 28.

CraigNnem

forum member
Reaction score
Right, I bought some used race stars that came with 28s and boy was my shit tired.

Probably would need some 4.56 gears

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
I love me some pros, they are magic. Not sure they'd be magic enough to try on a manual car though, would be interesting to see since the sidewall gives a bit more than the old radial.

I have seen somebody spin a set pros through 1st and 2nd and have them recover like a slick would, surprised the shit out of me. Was an auto car though. Still impressive for a radial tire.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back