M90 and Nitrous?

05armygt

Just Works Here
Reaction score
Ive been doing a bunch of reading and I need some honest opinions here. I have a Roush M90 supercharger LT headers and an O/R x pipe. Im looking to add a smidge more power and I was thinking a 75 shot of nitrous (obviously for a pretty dyno sheet) and the very very very seldom use. im currently at 420 rwhp and 380 ftlbs torque. I really want to bring the torque up a little bit.
Is a good idea? or what other things can i do to bring that car just a little higher with my setup?!!? I already have a smaller pulley and CAI setup for the M90

Appreciate the replies
thanks!

Is your short block built? Start with a 25 shot and take it up from there.

Last edited by a moderator:

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried a 75 shot but I've sprayed mine at least 50 times at the dragstrip.

Speed+Clinic

forum member
Reaction score
Thats what I think a 75 shot will break havoc, it will be equal to a 150 shot or so lol. The nitrous really cools the mixture down so the computer doesn't have to retard the timming

05armygt

Just Works Here
Reaction score
where does one find a smaller jet size then? for example 25 or 30 shot? that would technically be equivalent to 50-60 correct?

also dry or wet nitrous?

05armygt

Just Works Here
Reaction score
Awesome! thank you!! last question out of curiosity which jet size did you go with? and what gains did you actually get off the 35 shot?

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Awesome! thank you!! last question out of curiosity which jet size did you go with? and what gains did you actually get off the 35 shot?

I don't remember the jet sizes. It's been too long since I installed them. I'll look in the next couple of days, but honestly, go to the website I linked. I'm sure they have a jet size chart somewhere. The only time I ran it without nitrous, then with nitrous back-to-back was at an 1/8th mile track. My nitrous E/T was .4 quicker.

Last edited:

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
A 40bhp jetting (wet) is .030N/.017F. The additional power gains via FI will vary. The torque gains will be spiffy, regardless.

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Have you tried a 2.57 or 2.49 snout pulley or an o/d crank pulley yet?

Mine makes 440/410 with the 2.57 and 10% o/d pulley.

RH

Neal@

forum member
Reaction score
Nitrous would definitely add that added torque you want but with making 420 hp I wouldn't recommend running a 75 shot on the stock bottom end. (That is if you are still running stock bottom end) Also something that you would want to look at is fuel system. What kind of fuel system do you have in your car?? Just want to make sure you have enough fuel to support your hp with the nitrous. I would start out with a 35 shot and go from there.

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
Nitrous would definitely add that added torque you want but with making 420 hp I wouldn't recommend running a 75 shot on the stock bottom end. (That is if you are still running stock bottom end) Also something that you would want to look at is fuel system. What kind of fuel system do you have in your car?? Just want to make sure you have enough fuel to support your hp with the nitrous. I would start out with a 35 shot and go from there.

^this.

05armygt

Just Works Here
Reaction score
I am in the process of upgrading the fuel system with GT500 pumps and bigger injectors so i have that area covered. however as mentioned above it is cheaper to go with the smaller pulley and 10% OD which seems like it pumps out some good power. but I dont know if I would be satisfied with it? Also its a stock bottom end, BUT i have another page open here on the B302 from brenspeed with my wallet ready to take the hit..I guess you could say im trying to maximize the minimum here.

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
LOL use that spray down tank destroyer to get to formation on time

Neal@

forum member
Reaction score
I am in the process of upgrading the fuel system with GT500 pumps and bigger injectors so i have that area covered. however as mentioned above it is cheaper to go with the smaller pulley and 10% OD which seems like it pumps out some good power. but I dont know if I would be satisfied with it? Also its a stock bottom end, BUT i have another page open here on the B302 from brenspeed with my wallet ready to take the hit..I guess you could say im trying to maximize the minimum here.

Remember that you will not need bigger injectors for the wet shot but you will need the pumps. The injectors might be needed for the blower pulley upgrade depending on what injectors you have now. What injectors are you going to???

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
Remember that you will not need bigger injectors for the wet shot but you will need the pumps. The injectors might be needed for the blower pulley upgrade depending on what injectors you have now. What injectors are you going to???

this.

though I am only spray you don't want to know that feeling when you data log on the shot and see your fuel pressure drop under 30psi and hit like 14.9 afr when you are on the button.

even with just bolt ons and a 100 shot it is easy to get in trouble with the stock fuel system on spray.

with your combo I would say GT500 fuel system. that should cover you for a while. and even when it runs out you can still get a wiring upgrade and a BAP to cover the difference up to some pretty high numbers.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back