Mach E

JC SSP

Reaction score
Congratulations buddy.

Let us know how you like the new electric lifestyle.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
are you getting the fast charger set up for the home? we looked at getting one last year and I found that it would cost $2000-$2500 for getting a fast charger and running the electric at the house.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
are you getting the fast charger set up for the home? we looked at getting one last year and I found that it would cost $2000-$2500 for getting a fast charger and running the electric at the house.
Here in Florida our Electric company offers a monthly plan. 38.00 per month with free nights and weekends. Just like the old cell phone plans. Plug in at 6:01 and unplug at 5:59 AM. I also have multiple chargers here at the dealer if needed. Also gives me a nice Tax Credit.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
so the Elec Co provides you a set up at home? I figured you had a set up at the dealership

looks like the price of the home unit is higher than I recalled, I thought it was $999, now it's $1300

I have to contact them and they install and supply the parts

✔ $38 per month
✔ Includes level 2 smart charger
✔ Charger installation and permitting of required 240-volt circuit1
✔ No upfront costs for equipment or installation
✔ On-bill payment
✔ Worry-free maintenance – we ensure chargers are working at optimal performance
✔ Easily adjust pre-programmed charging settings to meet your charging needs
✔ Yours to keep after the 10-year program term
✔ Cancel any time – subject to a cancellation fee
✔ Powered by 100% renewable energy

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I see, does it include the electricity as well?

So if it does, that's $4560 over the 10 year term.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
oh, yea, you had posted that... good luck with it

Miker

Reaction score
So $38 a month for unlimited charging between stated hours? If so that's amazing.

JC SSP

Reaction score
I don't know about this electrical car stuff... but Florida Power & Light (FPL) has some of the lowest utility rates in the USA.

I am blessed among other things, to be living in FL.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
So $38 a month for unlimited charging between stated hours? If so that's amazing.
Correct. As long as I plug in after 6PM and unplug before 6AM it's just the 38.00 per month. I also work at a dealership so I can plug in anytime needed.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
I don't know about this electrical car stuff... but Florida Power & Light (FPL) has some of the lowest utility rates in the USA.

I am blessed among other things, to be living in FL.
My electric is generally high because my wife works from home. The AC is always at 70. Will be upgrading the AC in the house very soon.

JimC

Reaction score
That was one of the question that they had when we installed our whole house generator: "any plans to get an electric vehicle?" If so, that would have meant a bigger generator and another step up in the gas meter to supply it.

We don't have plans to get an electric car, but my wife wanted to be sure we can power the entire house. So while we could probably have gone a little smaller on the generator, we were right at the upper end so she wanted to go bigger to make sure we have no issues. We did have to go to a bigger gas meter because she wants to get rid of the water heater and go with a tankless heater which meant we were right on the edge of needing the bigger meter.

JC SSP

Reaction score
Yeah, I am not at the electric car stage... maybe a hybrid, but not there yet. Just bought a brand-new 5.7 Hemi Durango so should be good for the next 5 years...

I went NAT gas on all house appliances several years ago and FPL had credits for the conversion. I never run out of hot water (tankless water heater are the BEST!) or fire to cook and saved about $100 a month from when I was totally electrical. Monthly elect bill fluctuates from $200-300 depending on the summer months.

A/C at 72-73 during the day and 69 at night. Oh, I also have a large pool and jacuzzi which seems to use the most electricity. LOL

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back