Madden 13

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Who else picked up the latest edition of Madden?

What are your thoughts on it.

Im so so on it right now. I know they have to change things up to keep it fresh, but IMO career mode sucks compared to franchise mode. Or at least the lay out and overall appearance of it does. Also there is a shit ton of menus to get through before you can play.

Game play though IMO is great, played a couple games with my brother in law over the weekend and it was a blast. Playing against the CPU tho I cant figure out why im struggling so much. I have never had this much trouble in previous maddens, I got picked off 5 times yesterday against CPU

Ill have to really get into the franchise/career mode before I give a full review but right now its just ok.

sean858

forum member
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue getting picked off like crazy but this is the first Madden I've bought since 10 so there's a bit of rust. I'm ok with the career mode but I was one of this weirdos who just liked playing the regular season mode and doesn't play online much. The physics engine I actually really appreciate cause you don't feel like your seeing the same animations over and over and over. Even the announcing is much better. I think the player models could look a lot better and I agree pressing start 4-5 times just to get to the main menu is a bit annoying but I'm overall happy with it.

wckdgt

forum member
Reaction score
im not a big fan of the career mode, im not worried about coaching my way to the H.O.F. they should have done it like NCAA has for the lat 2 yrs or so where you can start as a coordinator. i guess my biggest gripe is that you cant import draft classes or edit the rosters before you start a career. but as far as the game play goes i think its great besides the weird tackling animations you see sometimes. i really like the game i've played a bout an hr a day since tuesday when it came out.

OkieSnuffBox

forum member
Reaction score
edit the rosters before you start a career.

No joke, why did they remove this feature? A friend and I were so hacked when we figured it out.

I just want Wheedon, Dez, and Blackmon all on one team!

Back