Making lemonaide out of lemons...a few appearance mods

Wingspan

forum member
Reaction score
A week or two ago some jackass hit my '12 GT in the parking lot at work and didn't bother to leave a note or anything. Luckily the damage didn't get into the metal and was just the rear bumper and valance. The car goes into the body shop on Tuesday to have the rear bumper fixed. I decided that while I was at it I'd switch to the GT500 rear valance.

Somehow when I clicked the order button (huge thanks to Jarrod for the forum discount!) a new grill and GT/CS front valance w/fogs made their way into the cart as well.

A few shots of the damage to the rear bumper:

tbm-236-XL.jpg

tbm-237-XL.jpg

Big boxes of stuff from Latemodelresto!

tbm-246-XL.jpg

I haven't decided if I'm swapping the rear valance out before the car goes into the shop or after, so I started work with the front.

Before:

tbm-240-XL.jpg

During:

tbm-249-XL.jpg

tbm-251-XL.jpg

The car goes in for the rear bumper repairs on Tuesday. :clap:

Wingspan

forum member
Reaction score
Needs moarrrrr low

You'll get no argument from me. I've been hesitant to drop her though as even at stock height the car will drag coming out of my driveway if I'm not careful. At this point it's just the plastic air dam that hits but I'm afraid if I do lower it I'll start making contact on more.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Somehow when I clicked the order button (huge thanks to Jarrod for the forum discount!) a new grill and GT/CS front valance w/fogs made their way into the cart as well.

My goddamn order buttom does the same damn thing too! I bet your using an HP laptop! Their enter buttons are notorious for it! :)

mancha

forum member
Reaction score
Can you post up some different views of the front? I've got the same color and wheel combo, and want the same look for my front end. Thanks dude!

Wingspan

forum member
Reaction score
Can you post up some different views of the front? I've got the same color and wheel combo, and want the same look for my front end. Thanks dude!

Sure. :)

Mustang-repair-013-XL.jpg

Mustang-repair-011-XL.jpg

Mustang-repair-014-XL.jpg

I decided to go ahead and put the GT500 rear valance on. I figured that given my luck I'd probably scratch the new paint on the rear bumper during the install if I waited until after it comes back from the body shop.

Mustang-repair-016-XL.jpg

Mustang-repair-018-XL.jpg

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Hmm, I think you're on to something...Hp desktop. ;)

I've got a Toshiba laptop and this same shit happens to me. I tried to explain to my wife it wasn't my fault, but that didn't go over well.....

Using pieces of 1x8 wood, form the area you will fill in with concrete at the end of your driveway. Then, mix up your own concrete and fill it in. Once the concrete has dried a bit, you can form it into more of a ramp using a piece of 1x8 about 10" long. Just fill in that area from the concrete of your driveway to the asphalt. Once you've finished hand forming it, spray the concrete with a light coat of water for the next four hours. VERY light spray pattern with hardly any force behind it so you don't wash away any of the concrete mix. Since it's hot out now, try to schedule this so that you finish up a couple of hours before sunset. If the concrete dries too fast, it will crumble in no time. If you keep it slightly wet till nightfall, then wait another 24 hours after that, it will provide you with years and years of good service. I have done this at almost every house I've lived in and the one I did back in 1993 is still there and in decent shape.

This way, you get rid of the harsh bump going into your driveway and you can lower away!

Wingspan

forum member
Reaction score
I've got a Toshiba laptop and this same shit happens to me. I tried to explain to my wife it wasn't my fault, but that didn't go over well.....

My wife came out while I was replacing the grill and said, "I thought it was the back that got hit?" I tried explaining that the car got hit so hard the front needed fixed too...but she didn't buy it.

Using pieces of 1x8 wood, form the area you will fill in with concrete at the end of your driveway. Then, mix up your own concrete and fill it in. Once the concrete has dried a bit, you can form it into more of a ramp using a piece of 1x8 about 10" long. Just fill in that area from the concrete of your driveway to the asphalt. Once you've finished hand forming it, spray the concrete with a light coat of water for the next four hours. VERY light spray pattern with hardly any force behind it so you don't wash away any of the concrete mix. Since it's hot out now, try to schedule this so that you finish up a couple of hours before sunset. If the concrete dries too fast, it will crumble in no time. If you keep it slightly wet till nightfall, then wait another 24 hours after that, it will provide you with years and years of good service. I have done this at almost every house I've lived in and the one I did back in 1993 is still there and in decent shape.

This way, you get rid of the harsh bump going into your driveway and you can lower away!
I'd love to as even my wife's old PT Cruiser would rub on occasion. I'm fairly certain my home owners assoc. would throw a fit though. At the very least I'd need approval before making a ramp. The car only rubs if I pull straight out. If I start my turn as I'm leaving the drive it's not a problem. I need to do some measuring to see exactly how much clearance I have and if I can get away with a bit of a drop.

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Lmao, my fiance just found the turbo charges on my CC. I told her it allows the car to breath more and clean out the grime..

She just looked at me like I was an idiot.

I have a lenovo and a dell laptop, mine both order shit accidentally all the time, cant figure it out!

mancha

forum member
Reaction score
Sold! Thanks a ton dude. I've wanted to do this combo with the stock 19's since I got the car, But hardly anyone keeps the stock wheels anymore. I really like them. Does the emblem come pre-installed on the grill? I like the blanked out Bullitt style grill, but I'm not a fan of the emblem.

Wingspan

forum member
Reaction score
Sold! Thanks a ton dude. I've wanted to do this combo with the stock 19's since I got the car, But hardly anyone keeps the stock wheels anymore. I really like them. Does the emblem come pre-installed on the grill? I like the blanked out Bullitt style grill, but I'm not a fan of the emblem.

No prob.

The Cervini's grill does come with the emblem pre-installed but I know there are others that sell a similar grill w/o the emblem (I think American Muscle sells them). I've always liked the small emblem set to the side of the grill like the original Shelby's. I did the same thing with the '65 Mustang I drove in high school.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back