Manual Shifting Problem

GT-C126

I Look Good!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
'07-'08 Manual Transmission TSB

I have been grinding second in my '08 for a little over a year. It only happens when speed shifting, about 75% of the time. (every now and then it just clicks in!) So I've been researching how to speed shift better, getting ready to go to the track again. (thanks for the torque limiter tip, guys) I found this recently, dated May 1, 2009

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/12/26/2240180/Transmission.pdf

So, are the synchros the main problem? (notice they spell it "sychronizer" twice) Will replacing them solve my 1-2 shift issue? Or is the torque limiter still the way to go?
Transmission.pdf

Last edited:

shawn13

forum member
Reaction score
What kind of shifter you have ? I couldn't hit shit with the stock one, the Hurst I got good with then went to the tri-ax. I don't even think about shifting any more it just slides in.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I can assure you that TSB is not intended to address "speed shift" issues.

Go with a K Member brace and torque limiters and it will make quite a bit of difference.

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
try the WOT Box

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the WOT box (not installed yet). I don't see that helping with grinding.

I have it installed and working. Havent tested the WOT box fully yet. Was planning on the track tonight. Guys say its like shifting with the car in neutral. My buddy has one also and he loves it.

Embalmer

Amateur Expert
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine have issues with third gear grind at WOT and he tried all the remedies like poly mounts, CHE brace with limiters, MGW shifter, etc. None of those helped him and he was beginning to feel like he was the problem. Well, he took the car in to the dealership and they replaced the synchros and now it shifts like butter. I would take it to the dealership assuming it is still under warranty and tell them about the issue before putting a bunch of parts on there you may have to take off later in order to get them to look at it. Most dealers will blame the mods you have as the problem, instead of seeing them as solutions.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back