Megan Racing Coilovers

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
Or the raceland coilovers? Also looked into those since they are only like $600 but I like the adjustability of Megan Racing

SlowJim

forum member
Reaction score
If you can't afford real coilovers, best to just go with some basic shocks and springs. If you need adjustability you can get some D-specs or something for like $400 and springs for $150. The cheapest coilovers I would trust would be ST's non-adjustables @ $1200.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Do some searching around here and you will find the community opinion of those <$1k coilovers is not good. The general consensus is you get what you pay for.

CobraRed

Creator of Tools
Reaction score
If there were a storefront of just coilovers these would be the ones all mixed up in a large bin at the checkout counter with shiny slashed prices and coupons deals.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Unless you just want the coilovers for a "stance," I'd do what others have said and invest in a higher quality set. especially if you do any auto crossing or track days. If you just want the look, the Megan's should be fine.

Stay far, far away from Raceland.

kdaly1

Reaction score
Ground Control is really as low as I'd go

Last edited:

jayel579

forum member
Reaction score
Did they throw in a set of sway bar end-links to make the picture looks cooler or something?

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
Ok thanks guys. I know someone mentioned something about volshlag I believe and its bilstein coils. So probably going to save for those and I'll probably go with some shocks and struts for now since my stocks are worn out.

Vorshlag-Fair

Official Site Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Ok thanks guys. I know someone mentioned something about volshlag I believe and its bilstein coils. So probably going to save for those and I'll probably go with some shocks and struts for now since my stocks are worn out.

Save your pennies and get something good to start with. That's my advice...

B61G1833-M.jpg

http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info.php?cPath=340&products_id=790

So many folks go down the same route where they do this:

1. Buy lowering springs + twin tubes. Looks bitchin, rides like ass, blows out the struts in 3 months.
2. Upgrade to cheap coilovers. Sits even lower, rides even worse.
3. Then upgrade to GOOD coilovers. Ahh.... now they did it right, and lap times drop. Proper suspension travel, real monotubes, with quality components front to back.

This is literally how 90% of Mustang folks do it - a multi-year journey of pain and spending before they find something good. And what do they always tell us?

"I wish I just would have bought these coilovers from you first!"

17462796-mmmain.png

Don't be like Peaked in High School Rob Lowe... get good coilovers the first time.

TheViking

Reaction score
1. Buy lowering springs + twin tubes. Looks bitchin, rides like ass, blows out the struts in 3 months.

I can vouch for this on every set of Koni's I have ever bought.

Mark Aubele

forum member
Reaction score
Late to the party, but what spring rate can the Bilsteins handle? Front and rear.

Stephen31201

forum member
Reaction score
^ +1 for Ground Control. Great product for the $ and Ive had great customer service.

Mark Aubele

forum member
Reaction score
If you're blowing out Koni Yellows "in 3 months," you're doing something wrong.

Agreed on that. I think most of these failures are related to people running way too low and way too soft and I guarantee that many are removing bumpstops. Really don't get the Koni hate on here. Still what you see most far and away above any other damper at the track.

Mike Rousch

Official Vendor
Reaction score
^ +1 for Ground Control. Great product for the $ and Ive had great customer service.

I would say ground control is the worst company for quality control i have ever seen. They stand behind nothing and the lifetime warranty is a joke.

kcbrown

forum member
Reaction score
Late to the party, but what spring rate can the Bilsteins handle? Front and rear.

I think a better question is: has anyone dynoed these things?

If we have the dyno plots, we can figure out the working spring rate range from that.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back