Meguiars Gold Class Test on Kona Blue

Its Stock

5.broliance
Reaction score
So the other day I though it was about time to wax the 5.0. I picked it up November 3, 2014 and figured I had waited long enough. I am almost out of this wax so I figured I'd slap a coat on this car of it since it always worked well with my old car.

I did the usual procedures before it like wash it and what not. Well, I did it the night before and I planned on going home and using quick detailer to finish it up and I ran out of time and had to leave. The next day it had some real bad spots all over.

So I thought what a better time than now to clay bar it? So I clay barred the whole car, using Meguiars as spray. I have always had good luck from Meguiars Quick Wax and it is cheap. I plan on buying some better stuff soon.

My decklid was extremely rough and the clay bar got it perfectly smooth like the rest of the paint.

Then on went the Gold Class.
Gold Class 5.0 by Black03GT, on Flickr

I only have one gripe about this, and it is with taking it off. Holy shit. It is some tough stuff to get off of the paint, I won't lie. But when it is off man does it feel like glass.

Took me 2 days to do the car because I started late the first day. Results were like I had thought; really nice. Paint feels like new glass, beads really well for being a cheaper wax, and it looked amazing.

I plan on buying some Lava Luminous soon, along with a Porter Cable/pads, some M105, CQuartz, and doing the entire car in a month or two. There are some very light swirls in the car I'd like to get rid of so I think that will take care of it. With the CQuartz it should also bead like crazy and just fall off the paint.

Pictures of the Gold Class:
5.0 Fresh Wax by Black03GT, on Flickr

5bro by Black03GT, on Flickr

Badge by Black03GT, on Flickr

Gold Class 5.0 day by Black03GT, on Flickr

Overall I am pretty happy with how it turned out, but I am sure I will like how the M105/Lava/CQuartz will turn out even more! Lemme know what you guys think for a "cheap detail" in other words.

Synyster06Gates

forum member
Reaction score
You're going to need to follow M105 up with a polish. M105 is decently abrasive. Black Light topped with Jetseal topped with Butter Wet Wax is what I do - the car comes out looking fantastic.

Its Stock

5.broliance
Reaction score
Looks good, but skip the Lava. Pete's 53 with Blacklight will rock on Kona.

I was gonna use Pete's 53 on my black 2v, never even thought about it for this car though.

You're going to need to follow M105 up with a polish. M105 is decently abrasive. Black Light topped with Jetseal topped with Butter Wet Wax is what I do - the car comes out looking fantastic.

Black Light is definitely on the list as well as Jetseal. I'll probably buy Pete's 53 or Lava for the wax.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Throw all that away and get some Polish Angel. Absolutely CRAZY results!! The longevity is astounding as well.

Its Stock

5.broliance
Reaction score
You'll need M205 or something to go over the paint before you apply a glaze or sealant - just keep that in mind!

I planned on doing M105/M205 at the same time, forgot to put that in the OP.

Throw all that away and get some Polish Angel. Absolutely CRAZY results!! The longevity is astounding as well.

I'll have to check that out, first time I've heard of it.

Back