Mileage on engine / supercharging

HASE

Reaction score
I have an 06 GT with 58k on the clock.
How many miles is too many before supercharging?
I am not looking for 450 horse. High 300's would be nice...

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
more depends on the maintance , how often do you change the oil? are you still on the stock timing componants? stock lash adjusters? 100k before id be real worried, unless you dog the piss out of it and go a long time between oil changes.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
470rwhp with 94,000 miles :) Haven't had that kind of power to long yet, so we will see.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
I've thought about supercharging my car now that I'm about to head down and make the last car payment in an hour. It just hit 99k miles. I know I've kept up with the maintenance on it so I wouldn't be worried. Even after the numerous nitrous passes at the track I've had. only thing stopping me is me thinking it's be a waste of money for me since I could use that money towards my next car or truck in a year or so.

I'd take a chance on my car with it, so no reason to think 50k miles is anything at all if you've taken care of it and get a good tune.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I wouldn't have a problem supercharging an engine with 200,000 miles on it, as long as the oil is clean, has good compression, and runs great.

Mileage isn't the issue, it's condition and maintenance. An engine car be just as worn at 40k miles as it can be at 200k.

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
I think it is all in the tune... and maintaining good high octane gas...my engine w/ 10k blew w/ just 480 rwhp w/ good a/f's and timing at 18 degrees. I am pretty sure crappy gas was the problem...I heard some pinging once but simply thought it was something else ????since it was barely noticable... but it prematurely damaged my engine... and kaboom about 3 months later

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back