ported intake

DCGreen

Reaction score
I have owned 2011 V6, Auto, drop top since March 2023. (75000. miles) I have done some maintenance, (shocks, struts, brakes all around). Now that the horse is in the barn for winter, I plan on some dress up under the hood, and spark plugs, maybe some paint, etc. seeing as I have to remove the upper intake, I am considering porting it!! IF I do this, will I have to purchase a tuner? (I understand, this would help mileage, currently 26 mpg average) NOT looking for power, (since I got out of the service in 1968, first car was a '67, 427 cu. in Highrise Mercury Comet Cyclone), so I know power.
I am enjoying this ride, just need a little more MPG. (Power, maybe)

DCGreen
dgreen81 @wi.rr.com

Reaction score
I have owned 2011 V6, Auto, drop top since March 2023. (75000. miles) I have done some maintenance, (shocks, struts, brakes all around). Now that the horse is in the barn for winter, I plan on some dress up under the hood, and spark plugs, maybe some paint, etc. seeing as I have to remove the upper intake, I am considering porting it!! IF I do this, will I have to purchase a tuner? (I understand, this would help mileage, currently 26 mpg average) NOT looking for power, (since I got out of the service in 1968, first car was a '67, 427 cu. in Highrise Mercury Comet Cyclone), so I know power.
I am enjoying this ride, just need a little more MPG. (Power, maybe)

DCGreen
dgreen81 @wi.rr.com

Fuel mileage is a factor of driving habits mostly. I cannot see how porting your intake manifold would improve it. It can add power though as much as 25HP according to reports. But remember more horsepower requires more fuel. Your MAF should be able to compensate for the porting without a tune but MPT can get you more power with it if you want. There are also fuel economy tunes available but your V-6 is about the most efficient engine possible with over 300 HP.

DCGreen

Reaction score
I wish to thank you for your reply. I will have to rethink about the porting!! When I first test drove this car I was impressed.
SO, I think, maybe just plugs and paint.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back