Miss fire

StuckInNYForever

Reaction score
I think I have a misfire also...

I'm having what seems like a misfire also, but I am not sure. I have almost 10,000 miles on car (2011 GT Manual), most of it very easy highway. It started happening around 1,000 miles or so that I noticed, since I broke it in very gently until that point. Car drives very well, but occasionally when cruising around 50 or 60, I would drop it into 3rd and nail it. The car goes silent when the clutch engages, then power comes on quick a second later. Basically enough to look stupid if a Camaro wanted to test me (I seriously never raced anyone anywhere yet).

I have Bama 93 race tune installed (and yes, I only use 93 octane). I thought it was the tune at first, so I got an updated tune with a little more power due to improvements in performance since original tune in July. It started happening a little more often (also because I am trying to see if it is still there). I thought it was bad gas, so I changed gas stations (from Gulf to BP). No luck. It doesn't happen when I am at higher revs and drop down a gear or 2, it just happens when I am around 1,500 to 2,000 rpm's and then romp on it. I really don't think it is the tune at all, but I will retune it to stock this weekend to see if that helps. The tune made the car drive so much better.

This issue does not happen any other time, and appears to have full power all other times. I can easily burn the tires at any time in first. I hooked up the tuner, and I do not see it throwing any codes. I turned off traction control, and also put in sport mode thinking it could possibly be traction control kicking in. Again, no luck. But, there is definitely an issue somewhere, and only when WOT and dropping down gears.

I don't know what it can be with these symptoms. Ignition coil? Spark plug? Heaven forbid a cylinder issue? Maybe I am just an awful driver, and not used to this kind of power? After going back to stock, I will have to take it to the dealer if it still happens.

Last edited:

StuckInNYForever

Reaction score
Not that I see. I have seen a quick orange light, but it could have been the traction control light at that time possibly since it I was only going around 35 and dropped it to 2nd gear (since the car is so quick, it is hard to look at the dash while gunning it - I will try to after the snow is gone). I haven't seen any light otherwise. And thinking back, this issue came up before I tuned the car, so I'm very sure the tune has nothing to do with it. The tune just amplified it due to having that much more power on tap.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
Oh on paper work from dealer tech suggested buying car back under lemon law. I have car now why we wait on confirmed time engineer will be down from Houston.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Oh on paper work from dealer tech suggested buying car back under lemon law. I have car now why we wait on confirmed time engineer will be down from Houston.

Dang....if I could recommend anything, if they offer to buy the car back, I would get an auto the second round.

If I had to do it over again, that would have been what I had done.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
If they buy back I will not buy shit till I get back from Iraq. Then it will be a boss or GT500

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
Dang....if I could recommend anything, if they offer to buy the car back, I would get an auto the second round.

If I had to do it over again, that would have been what I had done.
thats what i did and im 100% happy

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
I have never owned an auto anything and I went auto this time when I ordered my 12.
stock it shifts a little soft which isnt a bad thing.... a bbr tune and a steeda cai really woke mine up... really makes it shift a ton better too.... i went 4.10's as i dont do a ton of highway driving.with 4.10's it cruises at 80 mph around 2800... i went 12.2 before the stall and xpipe and cant wait to see what it does now.... all these people that say an auto is boring needs to drive one of these that arent stock.

jsnyng

Reaction score
stock it shifts a little soft which isnt a bad thing.... a bbr tune and a steeda cai really woke mine up... really makes it shift a ton better too.... i went 4.10's as i dont do a ton of highway driving.with 4.10's it cruises at 80 mph around 2800... i went 12.2 before the stall and xpipe and cant wait to see what it does now.... all these people that say an auto is boring needs to drive one of these that arent stock.

Which stall did you go with? How is it for daily driving. I'm debating one, but I don't want to kill my streetability for .2 at the track.

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
Which stall did you go with? How is it for daily driving. I'm debating one, but I don't want to kill my streetability for .2 at the track.
circle d 2800 i notice no difference in the way it drives unitl i mash the go pedal i did it and the bbr xpipe at the same time.. fitment was topnotch.

jsnyng

Reaction score
BBR OR/X is going on my car next week along with their Extreme tune. Borla ATAK's are going on tomorrow. Do you feel like your stall was worth the $ or would you save that and get the Boss intake and Comp Cams?

drewzx3

forum member
Reaction score
when you went 12.2 did you have gears? Intervention on this board went 12.17 friday night with a evo tune and drag radials and skinnies. DA should have been in the - for that night though.

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
BBR OR/X is going on my car next week along with their Extreme tune. Borla ATAK's are going on tomorrow. Do you feel like your stall was worth the $ or would you save that and get the Boss intake and Comp Cams?
hell yes its worth it.. my car is a tire shredding machine now...i can spin into 4 gears but its also single digits here..lol

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
when you went 12.2 did you have gears? Intervention on this board went 12.17 friday night with a evo tune and drag radials and skinnies. DA should have been in the - for that night though.
yes. mods at that point were:

bbr tune
steeda cai
4.10's
mt dr's

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
.4 is good. What was mods on car. I have seen some pic up right at .5 and little more. I believe livernoise and few others gained .4-.6 with stall. Still prolly one the best mods compared to gain specially in a auto.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
.4 is good. What was mods on car. I have seen some pic up right at .5 and little more. I believe livernoise and few others gained .4-.6 with stall. Still prolly one the best mods compared to gain specially in a auto.

O/R x-pipe
Tune
CAI
Converter
ET Street radials

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back