MMR Shit

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll have to watch it with sound later tonight, just speeding through it without sound, it looks pretty ugly.

1ohiostang

Reaction score
Mmr is telling there side on Instagram. Just the normal mmr stuff blame the customer.
I have no clue how those clowns stay in business.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well, I am watching the back story.... will fix yo shit if you play nice on the internet with our name

Last edited:

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Really? Having to clearance the timing cover for their failing tensioners is pretty poor product development. Looks like there is excess material that can easily be machined.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I have never dealt with MMR, and know squat about them. With that out of the way, this is how I see it.

So I ff'd through who tuned it. But I did see he was data logging his runs and it never "leaned out". And that is supported by the blown head gaskets. Lean out will melt parts but not blow head gaskets.

My theory is the tune disabled some or all of the anti knock protections. These coyote PCMs like to protect the engine pretty well as far as knock retard goes. If that is disabled so they can get the timing they want to command, and poof. Blown head gaskets. Using cometics may have held up and broke something worse. The tune leaned on the engine too hard, that's my take.

Re-using TTL cam bolts. Sounds like MMR
What are those?

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Gosh I hate YouTubers. I kept trying to find something of substance on that video, but every time I skipped ahead all I could find was some douchebag beardo in an ugly sweater.

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
Gosh I hate YouTubers. I kept trying to find something of substance on that video, but every time I skipped ahead all I could find was some douchebag beardo in an ugly sweater.

Lol. That about sums up all of YouTube! I can’t stand YouTube personally, I’d rather just watch real TV or read an article.. am I old now?

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The thing that amazes me is the first time it blew, they sent it back to MMR and were told there was nothing wrong with the MMR build. MMR supposedly went through the complete engine and sent it back fully assembled. They only made about 4 pulls on it when they were tuning it and it was way down on the HP it should have been making.Then they try a pull on the street and it blows up. When they try to take it apart after it blew, they find the wrong bearings in half of the rods and mains. They couldn't even turn the crank with a wrench, with all the rods out. They should have been able to spin it by hand. This engine was so poorly put together it is a crime. MMR hasn't changed their shoddy practices since they built my grenade engine in 2007. I would have thought that with his following they would have taken more care with the build but obviously they only care about the engines they build for the owners race cars. I'll never understand, with all the great engine builders out there, that anyone would still use MMR.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Local guy here runs mmr stuff in his compound boosted gt500

I think it might be blown up.

He likes them!!

I think 20 grand for something like that is idiotic. Get a real engine not one made from razor blades and beer cans.. a ZZ572 is only about 15 grand and will make 650/650 until the end of time.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back