Mods to compliment N20...

anticubicle

Reaction score
As you all know I plan on sticking with Nitrous until I save up for a Hellion (or Whipple kits magically drop in price).

I'm wondering what else I could do to the car that the Nitrous would benefit from. I've considered Longtubes and CMDP's but besides that, I'm not sure what else to get.

I could nix the longtubes and just invest in continuing with my suspension and possibly a wheel+tire setup.

Suggestions?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
your pulling pretty good 60s as it is, but IIRC your squatting a ton off the line,

get some anti-squat brackets and LCAs IMO as a added mod

anticubicle

Reaction score
your pulling pretty good 60s as it is, but IIRC your squatting a ton off the line,

get some anti-squat brackets and LCAs IMO as a added mod

I've got the Steeda Billet LCA's. Spherical/Poly bushing and Steeda Adjustable upper combo. The Steeda ASB's are definitely next on my list.

What I KNOW I need more than anything after the Anti-Squat Brackets is a damn MGW Shifter. I keep putting it off. A little tired of using the stock shifter.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the MGW is a great unit, put on in my car about 6 weeks ago and love it!

psycho bob

FISTER
Reaction score
well since you aren't completely decided on which form of FI you're going with i'd suggest not buying anything performance wise that you'd have to take off later.

IE:
cmdp's can't be used with a whipple
lt's aren't used with the turbo last i checked.

this is a pretty hard thing to do considering little things can get you a lot of gain when you add them all up. how about doing cams if you haven't already.

anticubicle

Reaction score
well since you aren't completely decided on which form of FI you're going with i'd suggest not buying anything performance wise that you'd have to take off later.

IE:
cmdp's can't be used with a whipple
lt's aren't used with the turbo last i checked.

this is a pretty hard thing to do considering little things can get you a lot of gain when you add them all up. how about doing cams if you haven't already.

I was told that if you do cams, you'll wanna do heads. That's some $$$$. At that point, I may as well have gotten a Turbo kit.

As far as FI options my list goes...

Hellion or THP
SCT
Whipple (would be #1 if it didn't cost so damn much)
KB

I'd really prefer a nice single turbo kit :)

psycho bob

FISTER
Reaction score
there are plenty of guys that get cams w/o heads and absolutely love them. if you do the install yourself the cost is very reasonable also. you can get comp nsr's for 625 all day and gain around 30 to the wheels or i would say go with the spr's and should be 40+ to the wheels. by the time you buy everything for the spr's you'll be looking at around a grand. so is the extra 10 or 15 hp worth it maybe not for 400+ bucks unless you never plan on doing heads.

anticubicle

Reaction score
there are plenty of guys that get cams w/o heads and absolutely love them. if you do the install yourself the cost is very reasonable also. you can get comp nsr's for 625 all day and gain around 30 to the wheels or i would say go with the spr's and should be 40+ to the wheels. by the time you buy everything for the spr's you'll be looking at around a grand. so is the extra 10 or 15 hp worth it maybe not for 400+ bucks unless you never plan on doing heads.

URL to the NSR's?

anticubicle

Reaction score
Last edited:

psycho bob

FISTER
Reaction score
there are plenty of guys that just did their own install on those cams. no tune needed, but you could of course probably gain a bit more with a specific tune. install and start up with your old tune though no problem. many have already done this with no issues what so ever

anticubicle

Reaction score
Thx :D

Anything else other than the cams? Also, how would this effect a FI install down the line? If at all.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I'm no expert on the cams out there, but I have a hard time believing that there is one single cam grind that excels at N/A, N2O, turbo and twin screw... all at the same time. Swapping cams would be a mod I would avoid completely until I was sure what my future power adder might be. That's not something you want to do twice. :2cents:

anticubicle

Reaction score
I'm no expert on the cams out there, but I have a hard time believing that there is one single cam grind that excels at N/A, N2O, turbo and twin screw... all at the same time. Swapping cams would be a mod I would avoid completely until I was sure what my future power adder might be. That's not something you want to do twice. :2cents:

Don, as it stands unless I start getting more freelance design gigs I am staying Nitrous for at least a year. My main goal is to turbo it however if a Whipple or Kenne Bell just so happened to pop up as a killer deal and I had the cash handy I'd go that route.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thats the thing tho you never know what will pop up if i were you id do more suspension / weight saving mods before these because no matter what f/i you go with you'll always need traction lol

you could do
gt500 tb ( works with all f/i )
anti squat brac.
shocks
k-member
anti roll bar
hell cmdp's , they arent but 100 bucks lol
get a damn shifter too lol
just for starters lol

anticubicle

Reaction score
thats the thing tho you never know what will pop up if i were you id do more suspension / weight saving mods before these because no matter what f/i you go with you'll always need traction lol

you could do
gt500 tb ( works with all f/i )
anti squat brac.
shocks
k-member
anti roll bar
hell cmdp's , they arent but 100 bucks lol
get a damn shifter too lol
just for starters lol

I'm definitely thinking the shifter + anti squat brackets will be next. After those I'll up the shot to 150 which at the same time I can do the CMDP's since it'll need to get tuned anyway.

LSlayer

forum member
Reaction score
As far as the CMCVs, IIRC the turbo and centrifugal kits recommend deleting them as they can bend under boost and the PD blowers automatically delete them anyway. If I would do it with N20 just cause its one more thing to break or get blown somewhere it shouldn't be when you spray.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely thinking the shifter + anti squat brackets will be next. After those I'll up the shot to 150 which at the same time I can do the CMDP's since it'll need to get tuned anyway.

yep there ya go and like slayer said it'll work with turbo/centri's and if you go t/s just sell em

psycho bob

FISTER
Reaction score
if you're going with a turbo or a centri i wouldn't do the plates i'd wait and get the c&l intake when it get's released.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back