Money pit

Saleen S281

forum member
Reaction score
I recently made a list of all the mods I want to add to my car and it's insane, like 15k more than what I already have, makes me really think if I want to so anything else. It's really fun right now so I think I'll stick to what I have for now.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
On this one...about 25. What's really scary is if u have had 5-6 mustangs that you've built, like me and many others have, u look at that number and say:wtf1:Lololol.

Paps

forum member
Reaction score
Lool thanks for input guys!
All posts made me laugh! Sooooo we do really love our babies, putting money in a heartbeat, yeah. That's the way it should be or don't buy a mustang!
$70k/$30k/$25k?....wtf i can keep buying to reach those number then!

b's stang

forum member
Reaction score
I believe I got my 05 GT for 14,500 back in 2007. It had 50,000 miles on it. I prolly have close to 10 grand in. Blower, built short block, exhaust and other things. I don't want to get flamed for this but when I got the car I ONLY liked mustangs. I thought every other car looked like poop so I was fine with it being an auto. Now that I like/understand cars more I want a stick car. That's the big decision right now is to come to fact that converting isn't worth the price or just buy a built auto. I have to much money in the car just to get rid of it or even try to get my money out of it. The mod bug sucks.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Lool thanks for input guys!
All posts made me laugh! Sooooo we do really love our babies, putting money in a heartbeat, yeah. That's the way it should be or don't buy a mustang!
$70k/$30k/$25k?....wtf i can keep buying to reach those number then!
I joke about the 70K thing, it was beer drinking game we had going a long time ago.

The way my car sits right now I would guess I have about 35k in mods not counting what I paid for the car in "05. Or the things I have changed over time and did the work myself.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
I paid $16k for the car in 2009 and $10-12k in mods. I really dont like to think about it in total money spent terms. Look at the amount of money you spend on food, beer, coffee whatever and all you do is shit it out. Its more about the pleasure and joy of that food, beer, coffee and mustang. What about pussy? We all have spent way too much there too. LOL

striker 5

forum member
Reaction score
Got mine in 06 with 2000 mi and now under 9000 mi I have a total of 35k with car . Now to pay for all these mods I bought part's and traded parts and sold car part off sites and made a little here a there and it's a wash . Look this is our hobby and I love working on my car as much as taking it to car show cause I know I did all the work . MONEY what MONEY I will denial eveything LOL PS love this shit I in with both feet !!!!!!!!!

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Thanks guys... I am no where close to most of the guys in this thread. Although I do have a decent amount of coin dropped in my last few Mustangs, whenever the wifey starts griping about the $$$ that I spend on the car, I will refer her to this thread! Lol!

Currently a little over 1k in suspension and appearance mods (many used parts from forum members) for my 2013 base 6m GT.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Thanks guys... I am no where close to most of the guys in this thread. Although I do have a decent amount of coin dropped in my last few Mustangs, whenever the wifey starts griping about the $$$ that I spend on the car, I will refer her to this thread! Lol!

Currently a little over 1k in suspension and appearance mods (many used parts from forum members) for my 2013 base 6m GT.

Come on man, you can break her, just keep pushing on! She will give.:helpme:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
New price $25,888.

1st version: FI Whipple, built block, cams, springs, RST, ds, suspension, other misc. $10,000.

TR-6060, shifter, 26 spline RST, McLeod Flywheel, slave, misc. $3,000.

2nd version: NA, Built shortblock, cams, misc. $3,500.

3rd version: FI Paxton, air to air blowthrough, misc. $4,000.

4th version: NA FRPP heads, JBA shorties, misc. $2,300.

5th version: FI Procharger D1SC, misc. supporting parts. $6000.

Tire and wheel combos including drag radials over the ownership time: $6000.

Gear swaps: 3.55 to 4.10 to 3.55 to 4.10 to 4.56 to 4.10, Trutrac, bearings, misc. I'm not going to figure those up it's so ridiculous.

Various cai and injector combos not previously mentioned, software, reference materials, tuning and dyno costs $Unknown.

I've done all the work except for gear work, tire mounting, and machining.

I have resold alot of the parts but they aren't worth nearly as much used. I'd guess about $14,000 has been recovered in parts resale.

If I was to only figure what is in the car now it would be about $17,000 without itemizing. Might be a little more. It's a huge waste of money and I'd be real lucky to get $25k out it. It would take the right buyer who realized what the parts were worth and who wanted everything it has. Pretty much impossible. It's a good thing I like the car. Body, paint color, interior, accessories, are all spot on for what I wanted. The car still gets compliments all the time.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
Including what I paid for it new, I have 81K in mine. It gets expensive when you get bored and build them 6 times. To me, it's just an adult sized Lego set.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Including what I paid for it new, I have 81K in mine. It gets expensive when you get bored and build them 6 times. To me, it's just an adult sized Lego set.

I'm with you there. I can say that I don't go to bars, smoke or do drugs so it could be worse. That's what I tell my wife anyway.

BigRis

forum member
Reaction score
I'm with you there. I can say that I don't go to bars, smoke or do drugs so it could be worse. That's what I tell my wife anyway.

Thats the way i see it. Bills are paid kids have what they need. I worked alot of years made alot of sacrifices. So if I spend money on my car big deal. I could be a hunter or fisherman with thousands tied up in gear. Hell I could be into a thousand other other hobbies that cost a ton of money. So screw bit ...buy some parts ,mod your car and enjoy it. You could have a heart attack and drop over at anytime. My wife is a hospice nurse all her patients have 6 months or less to live. Let me just say this very few are the 70 yr old plus people you think of . Many are 40 - 60 yrs old or younger.

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
I'd be between 12-15k easily. Don't really care, everything else is taken care first. Hell, I've only had my f150 for about three months and about three k into it now. Lok

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back