MORE dissapointing #'s from the dyno...im done w/ s197's

RSKtakR

Reaction score
MORE dissapointing #'s from the dyno...dyno sheets now

so if you read my mods in my sig.. you would THINK that i would be making more then 389whp.. i think im pulling the nitrous and NANO kits off and putting this car up for sale. im just tired of jacking w/ it.. the N/A tune only netted 289whp (w/all these bolt on mods) and the 125wet shot (that is "suppose" to put and added 125 AT the wheel because of the jetting and the NANO kit) only made 389..WTF??!!! the tuner said its because of the stalled automatic he thinks. however i dont think so.. ive seen to many other cars w/ auto's make good power.. there is NO reason why this car shouldnt be putting down ATLEAST 415whp-420whp on the spray.

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain being an auto! Have you been to the track to see what kind of times you run? What gears are you running?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Edit-NM, saw the 373's...look at my sig and you can see with all the stuff I have done I am only at 320 but have added 80 hp/40 tq from bone stock.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
yes i have the 3.73's.. i just bought some 4.10's but i think im just going to cut my losses before dumping any more $$ into this car w/ getting them installed.. it hasnt ever been to the track. i cant even get this car to 320whp N/A..

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You will see others tell you it is not about the dyno numbers but what you run at the track...

RSKtakR

Reaction score
You will see others tell you it is not about the dyno numbers but what you run at the track...
how is it NOT about dyno and hp/torque #'s?? if your car isnt making good hp and torque #'s, wont even break 400whp W/ a 125shot, then it sure wont get down the track and get a decent time/speed.

blackmustang285

Reaction score
What type of dyno was this on? Regardless a dyno is simply a tuning tool. I know this has been said a million times before, but the number can vary from dyno to dyno and day to day. Try running at a track to see what kind of MPH you can get. That will give you an idea of the true power of your car. I know this number can vary also, but it will give you a comparison point for your dyno sheet.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
how is it NOT about dyno and hp/torque #'s?? if your car isnt making good hp and torque #'s, wont even break 400whp W/ a 125shot, then it sure wont get down the track and get a decent time/speed.

The dyno is a tool to be uses to ensure your car is safe to run so when you are at the track you can let it loose.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What gear are they doing the dyno in and did they write a dyno tune to lock out o/d?
4th gear is 1:1 on the auto's and if they don't lock out 5th it will shift; if you run it in 3rd you it is not 1:1 and you will end up with lousy numbers..trust me, I know.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Should run at the track to get a good baseline, you have plenty of mods on your car, I don't see why you wouldn't run in the 12's straight out.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
What gear are they doing the dyno in and did they write a dyno tune to lock out o/d?
4th gear is 1:1 on the auto's and if they don't lock out 5th it will shift; if you run it in 3rd you it is not 1:1 and you will end up with lousy numbers..trust me, I know.

he had the trans locked in 4th gear.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
i dont know if i should try and take it somewhere else that MIGHT know these cars a little better (im not knocking MC by any means, they know thier shit, but i know there are other tuners that arent local to me that know these cars a little better). there is one other dynojet around me, but i dont know if they know these cars very well either.. ?

blackmustang285

Reaction score
Maybe try running it on a different dyno and see if your numbers change. Every dyno is going to give you a different number. If your unsatified with your numbers on the dyno, go run at the track. You could be surprised with those times.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back