MORE dissapointing #'s from the dyno...im done w/ s197's

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
terminator..
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminators-buy-sell-254/

There is a local guy with a black one, 31K miles, asking 19.9.
http://billings.craigslist.org/cto/1695129938.html

These guys are right though dude. See what your trap speeds are and what the car can do at the racetrack before you go doing anything rash like ditching the car after putting all this time and money into it. At least give it a chance. And if you can borrow some different wheels/tires from someone else when you go.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminators-buy-sell-254/

There is a local guy with a black one, 31K miles, asking 19.9.
http://billings.craigslist.org/cto/1695129938.html

These guys are right though dude. See what your trap speeds are and what the car can do at the racetrack before you go doing anything rash like ditching the car after putting all this time and money into it. At least give it a chance. And if you can borrow some different wheels/tires from someone else when you go.

i know there are a COUPLE nice tremi's local to me for sale.. i keep my eye out for them. :thumb2:

i havent started pulling anything off of it yet, and its not up for sale yet.. im just frustrated and at my wits end is all, it just makes no sense to me how poor #'s on a dyno can STILL make great #'s/times at the drag strip..but i will give it a shot. .whats the worst that can happen, i will run a 14 and just be frustrated even more?? LOL

i will be doing a tire/wheels swap and getting it to the dragstrip before the spray and nano kits come off and the for sale sign is put in the window.

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the 125wet shot (that is "suppose" to put and added 125 AT the wheel because of the jetting and the NANO kit) only made 389..

Why do you think the Zex 125 shot will put 125 HP to the wheels? Have you jetted it differently than what Zex recommends for 125 shot? In my experience their HP #s are not to the wheels.

wildman97

Reaction score
Bro, sometimes less is more.. I'm with you I had a problem much like yours, all motor 309hp 322tq and on a 125 shot it made (NX Plate) 389hp 402tq on stock wheels and a 5speed.
somethings deff wrong, right? Well my N20 relay had got water in it and was not working right as well as I use a MSD digital window switch and the connection got a little loose and was all over the place. Point is check all the small stuff, that is normaly the issue. Oh and did you say your tires spun on the dyno? and do you have the dyno sheet? were ther any spikes in it?

RSKtakR

Reaction score
Why do you think the Zex 125 shot will put 125 HP to the wheels? Have you jetted it differently than what Zex recommends for 125 shot? In my experience their HP #s are not to the wheels.

yes its jetted different then what Zex recommends.. i jetted it by what NANO recommends to get 125 to teh wheels.. maybe i jetted it wrong (but i doubt it) however i will still double check and make sure.

AJ

US Muscle, AUS Hustle....
Reaction score
I would just worry about how hard you f*ck the competition!!! Dyno's are all calibrated different.

Last edited:

RSKtakR

Reaction score
Bro, sometimes less is more.. I'm with you I had a problem much like yours, all motor 309hp 322tq and on a 125 shot it made (NX Plate) 389hp 402tq on stock wheels and a 5speed.
somethings deff wrong, right? Well my N20 relay had got water in it and was not working right as well as I use a MSD digital window switch and the connection got a little loose and was all over the place. Point is check all the small stuff, that is normaly the issue. Oh and did you say your tires spun on the dyno? and do you have the dyno sheet? were ther any spikes in it?

i have the dyno sheet and i will post a pic of it when i get home this evening. the tires arent breaking loose on the dyno now.. i THINK it might have been because it was raining that day.. this car has had 3 dyno sessions now.

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
Good god man, get a hold of yourself. This obsession with numbers is silly.

My whipple numbers 445whp/400wtq @ 9 psi are a little low compared to others, yet I'm trapping higher than those same cars @ 11 psi with zero weight reduction.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
There are only 3 numbers he should be obsessed with.

ET,Trap, and 60'

Mylilpony

forum member
Reaction score
my auto made 254/261 with a CAI, tune and 3.73s. As far as I know, the car was dyno'd wrong in 3rd, without locking anything in. Never dyno'd it again bc the car performed okay on the street, however everyone had somethign to say about my numbers, and it was annoying bc thats all that people brought up when u spoke about cars. i also took it to the track with street tires and went 14.0 @ 99 (with a sucky reaction time bc it was the first two runs i ever had). i thought i had a factory pig too.

I went FI- Procharger stage 2 and put down 427/350. I doubt that I really gained 173/89, so something had to be wrong with the dyno. havent been to the track yet though. 350 tq. seems low, but u have to accept that we bought auto's and they rob power. Also, i dynod with 20's on, and the same 3.73s. probably needs a set of LT's to let her breathe too. We'll see.

dont get discouraged... get rid of the nitrous and go with a blower. You will be happy you did, especially if its a street car with rare track time.

good luck. :thumb2:

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This is probably a complete waste of time since nobody has been able to convince you yet but I have a feeling that your problems will follow you into another car, if you choose to sell this one. Here is why:

Now, I'm not going to tell you that I have seen 9sec cars with 400hp and surely not with 3800lb curb weight. The fact is this, your car is not in a bad mood or developing a bad behavioral pattern, it is a fuggin machine, that is it. A machine is only as good as the people who maintain and operate it. Now, that being said, Don has a fairly good quote, "HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?" That is the truth, just because someone dynoed 425down and you were at 389, doesn't exactly mean that he can out run you. Had you dynoed your car another day and on the same machine, you may have made 400 and he may have shown less. It's all bullshit and there are too many variables. It is a tool to load the car for tuning, that also gives you a good idea of power output. I have run people with much stronger engines than I but my suspension was setup well, my combination (stall, cam, gear...) was good and I'd crack that ass.

On, another note, I have run the squeeze for quite a while (over 10 years) and the one thing I learned quickly was that the supplied hp to jetting tables are bullshit and you better have a wideband. Figure out the jets/hp increase on the dyno and if you are that worried add another 25hp. Look, you baselined 289hp and with the kit's figures you laid down 389hp? Cry me a river, that is pretty damn close! Understand all of this is being stated and I have no idea who this tuner is or what your AFR was at...

In closing, I think you need to get to the track, have a good time and get reacquainted with your car.

:thumb2:

Last edited:

Tre06GTP1SC

South Texas Death Ride
Reaction score
Sounds like to me he is not interested in racing. Im guessing he wants a "high number" dyno sheet to put on a pasteboard and lean it against his car when he goes to the ricer car shows.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back