More engine problems...

paco_pony

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
literally just got the car back from HPP last week with the rebuilt engine. i think the forged stroker pistons and the block were the only think salvaged from the old engine. new heads were ported and polished. new cams were very aggressive and sounded mean.

less than 100 miles on the new engine--I've kept rpms below 3000 the whole time. while pulling up to a stoplight i feel something give and suddenly there is big vibration and grinding. i shut it down and get huge plumes of white smoke from exhaust that smells like antifreeze.

car is at HPP now. hopefully I should have a diagnostic soon. any ideas what might have happened?

Stay tuned. If HPP is charging me one red cent for repair, I'm selling the car for parts instead (or may just donate it for the tax write off instead). this may be your chance to pick up parts for cheap--though buyer beware. this car has been nothing but a curse to me.

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
white smoke = antifreeze. Probably popped a head gasket. They could have damaged it on the install

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
dunno bro but that deff doesn't sound too good pretty reminiscent of when mine threw a rod a few months ago ...and believe me i feel your pain i just had a intake valve break after about 300 miles worth of " break in " on the new longblock

Wyld

408 C6
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear man, I believe I saw your car up there a few weeks ago. Hope you get it all worked out, I know I am having tuning problems right now :thud:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn that sucks. Is it a turbo? Sure sounds like you lifted a head gasket to me.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I'm hoping HPP pulls through for you. But if you do decide to donate it, I humbly suggest the Zmanm3 car for me charity!

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Stay tuned. If HPP is charging me one red cent for repair, I'm selling the car for parts instead (or may just donate it for the tax write off instead). this may be your chance to pick up parts for cheap--though buyer beware. this car has been nothing but a curse to me.

Trailer is hooked up and ready to head that way. :evil:

Wyld

408 C6
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I could beat all of you there, and I would give some cash... it's a nice car!

Vashthe3rd

Maximum Trolling
Reaction score
Haven't seen any of the mustangs with built motors around DFW, here's hoping you get it resolved. I'd trust Clint, Manny and co. to do you right.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn that sucks. Is it a turbo? Sure sounds like you lifted a head gasket to me.

Stroker motor and a Whipple. Actually his 2nd stroker motor. His first one was a victim of doing self maintenance and having too many O rings on an oil filter.

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
he didnt take it above 3k so he couldnt have lifted a head

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back