More HP or More Torque?

magnido45

Reaction score
For faster 1/4 Mile times, would you rather have an increase of 25HP or 25lb/ft torque?

Basically, the Roush Phase 1 is 575HP/505 lb-ft torque
and the Vortech is 605HP/473 lb-ft torque...

the Roush has about 25 less HP and 25lb-ft more torque, but the Vortech has about 25 more HP, but 25lb-ft less torque...

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
Slightly more complicated then that unfortunately, in regards to 1/4 mile times though I believe the centrifugal style superchargers are preferred as power grows with rpm differently then with a tvs blower making it easier to leave with less torque avoiding wheel spin and then having the power come in smoothly at higher rpm where you will be shifting

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
For faster 1/4 Mile times, would you rather have an increase of 25HP or 25lb/ft torque?

Basically, the Roush Phase 1 is 575HP/505 lb-ft torque
and the Vortech is 605HP/473 lb-ft torque...

the Roush has about 25 less HP and 25lb-ft more torque, but the Vortech has about 25 more HP, but 25lb-ft less torque...

I don't think 25hp or 25lbs will make much difference either way. If you drive on the street primarily I would get the tvs, the instant torque on the street is a blast.

magnido45

Reaction score
Slightly more complicated then that unfortunately, in regards to 1/4 mile times though I believe the centrifugal style superchargers are preferred as power grows with rpm differently then with a tvs blower making it easier to leave with less torque avoiding wheel spin and then having the power come in smoothly at higher rpm where you will be shifting

I don't think 25hp or 25lbs will make much difference either way. If you drive on the street primarily I would get the tvs, the instant torque on the street is a blast.

Thanks for the knowledge, guys!!!

CoreGT

forum member
Reaction score
I had no problems getting a TVS to hook even at 800rwhp levels, and with factory stock suspension. I vote the PD blower route over the vortech you have listed.

magnido45

Reaction score
I had no problems getting a TVS to hook even at 800rwhp levels, and with factory stock suspension. I vote the PD blower route over the vortech you have listed.

Thanks for your feedback, CoreGT!!!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back