More power

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I lost a half a second when I removed my stripes...Son of a bitch!!!!

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
+1 on the stripes. +40HP

Give or take, depending on the color. I'm going with twin matte black stripes on the Jeep. Should put me at about 520RWHP and running low 7's on the 1/4 since it only weighs 1,900 lbs.

Make that AWHP

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Shortie antenna is worth a few, IIRC. Course, we'd need a 12 page debate about which one is better. . .

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Shift boot delete, two weeks later bam! 12 second slip and new girlfriend.

QWIKFIX

forum member
Reaction score
I dunno, sure he could use some stainless steel muffler bearings and new power bands! That and a few placed decals...oh yeah

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
My checkered flag air freshener adds about 8lbs of boost, so I'd go that route

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I threw a couple of these under the hood!

hamster_on_wheel.jpg

Eco-bewst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:chairfall:

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
Propane injection should net you a good increase in power. If it's too much power for you to handle, try CO2 injection instead. Still great gains but not quite as wild.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
Just wanted to see if anyone knew how to make more power with out forced induction any ideas??? Hit me back if you know any thing

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

take the rev limiter off with your tuner and spin it to 10,000 rpm, that'll do it.

Or use the old ricer trick of a huge grenade sticker in the window, 36 hp right there, dyno proven.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Just wanted to see if anyone knew how to make more power with out forced induction any ideas??? Hit me back if you know any thing

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

First off flat black stripes are the fastest. Besides those you may want to do alot of things. Most people start with a tuner and cold air intake. From there you could add cams and valvesprings. This will allow you to safely rev higher and should net a nice gain.

MattD on here has a thread titled "young punk build IV" that would be worth checking out. Also using the advanced search function will allow you to target tech and chit chat for the best info. I'd use words like cams, cai, tuner, tune, headers, etc. in the search box. Give yourself a few days because alot of reading material is going to come up.

I'm going through stages with my motor right now and looking for ways to get a few more na hp. More than likely my next step with the motor will be head work. I don't want to sacrifice driveability for power so I'm taking a conservative approach. I have 4.56 gears going in Tuesday.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back