Mother f'ing O2 Extensions...Help please

Tylus

Bullitt #6451
Reaction score
1/2 way done with my LT install right now. Went to plug in the passenger side O2 extension and connect the sensor.

The extension won't connect with the front sensors. The guide pins are 180 degrees off. Fits the rear sensors perfectly though.

So are there front extensions and seperate rear extensions? The ones I have are BBK. I have this feeling I wasted $40 (tune turns rears off)...and that I'm about to do some soldering and lengthening of the fronts harness. Fuck

pics of what I'm talking about
front connector and O2 extension
ef51ea2a.jpg

rear connector and O2 extension
bc63c2fb.jpg

btw, LT installs suck major ass. driver side had better go better.

Tylus

Bullitt #6451
Reaction score
Cut the pins off and they will work fine.
I'm guessing you mean the guide pins right? then I'd have to cut the snap retainer thingy off as well. guess I could just do that and tape the shit out of it to keep it from pulling apart

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
If you just cut the alignments pins off, they will snap together. Mine have been this way for over a year.

Tylus

Bullitt #6451
Reaction score
won't that reverse the wires then? there are 4 wires in each pigtail. no idea what each does.

I can give it a try. worst case is that the O2 sensor doesn't work i guess

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yup the front and rear o2s are indeed different. Looks like you got mismatched extensions.

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
Good luck Tylus, I want to say that my Pypes came with a longer front O2 extension and then I had to buy the rear O2 extensions, not sure though maybe they just removed the alignment pins

Last edited:

bullitt2086

forum member
Reaction score
Same here have to cut the little guides off in order for the extension to plug into o2

Tylus

Bullitt #6451
Reaction score
thx again folks, I will do so. just have to wait until I get off work tomorrow now to do anymore work.

Tylus

Bullitt #6451
Reaction score
okay, snipped the tabs off and plugged the stuff in. the OR/H has the rear sensor holes too far back to use the rear sensors. luckily the tune kills them. so just taped the plugs off and zip tied things up out of the way.

car is running fine with not DTC's, and sounding good besides the odd exhaust leak from the OR/H. gonna get that welded up this week

MOC826

I have a shitty program!
Reaction score
just an fyi but you dont NEED o2 extensions for the fronts. i only have one o2 extension and the other reached fine if you just take off the little clips that holds it to the trans. i would have done the other one the same but figured if i had one of them i mine as well use it. i also didnt plug in my rear o2's cause i am using a different x-pipe that wasnt meant for long tubes so it doesnt have the bungs for the rear o2's

Tylus

Bullitt #6451
Reaction score
everyone keeps saying you don't need the extensions for the fronts...I did/do. My front sensors are where the stock rear ones were. My LT's are freaking long. the rear sensor bungs on the OR/H are behind the trans output flange. I unclipped the wire looms and stretched things out. The rear passenger one was about 1" too short. The rear drivers was about 6" too short. Neither front came even close. So at least my $40 extensions were needed

did a little driving and got 3 codes.

P0141
P0161
P2270

all 3 deal with the rear sensors not being turned off. So I'm a little pissed at Brenspeed right now. I had specifically told them to turn the rears off, and made the guy verify it 3 times before I paid. At least it won't hurt anything. Just burn a shit ton of gas while staying open loop. Damnit

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
everyone keeps saying you don't need the extensions for the fronts...I did/do. My front sensors are where the stock rear ones were. My LT's are freaking long. the rear sensor bungs on the OR/H are behind the trans output flange. I unclipped the wire looms and stretched things out. The rear passenger one was about 1" too short. The rear drivers was about 6" too short. Neither front came even close. So at least my $40 extensions were needed

did a little driving and got 3 codes.

P0141
P0161
P2270

all 3 deal with the rear sensors not being turned off. So I'm a little pissed at Brenspeed right now. I had specifically told them to turn the rears off, and made the guy verify it 3 times before I paid. At least it won't hurt anything. Just burn a shit ton of gas while staying open loop. Damnit

You should be ok. Rear sensors measure catalytic converter efficiency. That is why you can cut them off and have the tune work fine. The front ones are what control the open loop and closed loop w/feedback.

HTH

Mike

Kraftsman

forum member
Reaction score
I got a o2 sensor related possibly stupid question. we are in the process of rebuilding my trans and unplugged all the o2 sensors. now we cant remember which ones go where. Someone please help.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back