Motorcycle Road Racing........

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone in the southeast Texas area know of any motorcycle road racing organizations around here? Damn dealers around here aren't too helpful with this shit. I asked three of them this same question and all they wanted to do was sell me a superbike before trying to see why I wanted to know in the first place.

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
iknow there is one near the san antonio area but i'll see if i can find more info on it.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Just about everyone i know runs at Harris Hill Road. Its in San Marcos. Not to sure of many tracks in South East Texas. I figure you are looking in the area Beaumont or so?

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Texas World Speedway is a decent track to run on. I havent been there in a few years, but i know they still run the CMRA races there every year. I think they will re open in April.

JesseW.

forum member
Reaction score
check out the sportbiketracktime.com website. they might have some in texas. i rode with them at barber's in birmingham and they are a great group. they have instructors that will follow you and give tips if you ask. as far as racing goes, WERA is a good org.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Aren't you getting a little old for motorcycle racing?
Immortals never get old. Thought you guys knew that already. :evil:

Texas World Speedway is a decent track to run on. I havent been there in a few years, but i know they still run the CMRA races there every year. I think they will re open in April.
Thanks....pretty in-depth site the CMRA has. Been over there for an hour looking around.

SD there is MSR and Grandsport Speedway. They both have motorcycle days.

http://www.grandsportspeedway.com/

http://msrhouston.com/

Cool...thank you.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Any of you guys with serious bike experience give me some feedback on the following bikes.

1. Ninja ZX-6R
2. GSXR-600
3. CBR600RR
4. YZF-R6

I'm leaning towards the GSXR-600 despite everyone telling me to start with a Ninja 250 for road racing. Granted...the little Ninja is pretty cheap and easy to ride but I'm not completely sold on the idea.

Last edited:

ScottsVaporGT

Reaction score
Personally, I like riding the R6...but that is only a personal opinion and I know you didn't list it but thats my $.02, lol, just because I like the feel of it better. But out of what you listed my next choice would be the ZX-6R. They make great power and are a pretty light bike and usually (at least in my area) they are the least expensive. It seems like they are always advertising some sort of promotion for them. For me when I sit on a new CBR they sit way to high (I'm short-5'8") and the GSXR, for some reason I feel top-heavy. Hopefully in your area your dealers will let you take a quick test ride on them so you can feel which one is best for you. A lot of dealers won't but a few around my area will, so it wont hurt to ask.

When you get comfortable on the 600's see if you can find someone willing to let you ride the ZX-10R, WoW what a ride! Its not the fastest out there, but I am very comfortable on that bike going through the curves in our area. That is on my list of purchases this summer!

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
Any of you guys with serious bike experience give me some feedback on the following bikes.

1. Ninja ZX-6R
2. GSXR-600
3. CBR600RR
4. YZF-R6

I'm leaning towards the GSXR-600 despite everyone telling me to start with a Ninja 250 for road racing. Granted...the little Ninja is pretty cheap and easy to ride but I'm not completely sold on the idea.

none of those, try triumph daytona 675. i've owned two and it's an amazing bike. it's unique, sexy, nimble and a top running. all of the middle weight bikes are very evenly matched and perform great but look at the 675 and i promise you will love it.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey, if you're giving up on car racing, when can I come get my headers? :boobies::boobies:

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score

1. Ninja ZX-6R
2. GSXR-600
3. CBR600RR
4. YZF-R6

You will want to go and sit on each bike to see how you like it IMO. I like the way the GSX's feel, and the Honda's. Out of those 4 it would a toss up between the GSX and the 600RR. I have always loved the 600RR's. IMO you can never go wrong with a GSXR though. Plenty of parts for the bikes. This is my 750, not really ready for a road race but for some reason i wouldn't be scared to drag a knee.

IMG_3895.jpg

Synister500

Reaction score
I agree with Jarrod. Go put your butt on every bike you consider. Each one will fit different in every way. I have been riding for many years and all of those bikes make good power so pick your addiction on what feels right. You may also consider the GSXR 1000. It has an option to pull the power back in stages. It's like having a GSX-600, 750, 1000 all in one bike.

BJ

Back