Moving Kenne Bell; Stock 4.6 to B326

Candy10

forum member
Reaction score
Moving Kenne Bell Setup from Stock 4.6 to B326

This may seem elementary, but I cant get a real answer for some reason. Will my Kenne Bell setup swap directly from my current motor (stock 4.6) to a Brenspeed B326 longblock? The Brenspeed is a 5.0 block.

Last edited:

hockeygod

forum member
Reaction score
Yes it will swap over with an exact fit. Everything fits on the b326 like a factory 4.6.

Candy10

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you guys. Transmission will have to hang on for a little while, or maybe do it first instead of suspension.

Even KB's answer was clouded. "It will fit if the block and heads are the same". Well no shit, my question is, are they the same LOL.

Was gonna go N/A, but there just isn't the power in these things on 91 octane. Now I need to figure out how much boost to give it.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you guys. Transmission will have to hang on for a little while, or maybe do it first instead of suspension.

Even KB's answer was clouded. "It will fit if the block and heads are the same". Well no shit, my question is, are they the same LOL.

Was gonna go N/A, but there just isn't the power in these things on 91 octane. Now I need to figure out how much boost to give it.

You won't have any issues with the swap. As for the stock 3650, I've been putting over 726 rwhp through it for a few years now on the streets. However I would not expect it to last long at all on a sticky drag strip.

Your going to love the B326. Kent Nine with Brenspeed is an excellent engine builder. I have not had one leak and it doesn't use a drop of oil. The thing is a torque monster for sure!

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
You can give it as much boost as that blower will make. I think 19 psi is max. I run mine around 13 on the street and 19 at the track.

hazzardoustoysjr

forum member
Reaction score
I have blown two 3650 on the street with 603 rwhp in less than two months apart

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I have blown two 3650 on the street with 603 rwhp in less than two months apart

It's all in how you drive them. They won't handle "hard" driving at much over 500. I've made the live at 600+, but they have to be babied. And even then they get "crunchy" and "sloppy".

Candy10

forum member
Reaction score
I've abused the current 3650 at the track for sure, but drive pretty "normal" on the street. Granny shifting and shit LOL.

What should I do about an upgrade? My driveshaft is just over a year old, and don't want to buy another.

EDIT: I guess in the big scheme of things, an extra G doesn't matter, when added to the overall project cost. Recommend away!!!!

Last edited:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Higher displacement
Like the m122 on a 4.6 will make 10 psi at the same speed as the 5.4 will make 7 or 8

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Higher displacement
Like the m122 on a 4.6 will make 10 psi at the same speed as the 5.4 will make 7 or 8

This. The same amount of air into a bigger hole means less boost.

And this post may need this. It's on the edge.

hqdefault.jpg

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
LOL, great show.

What would YOU recommend for added power? If I were to consider new boost parts. Still open to all options at this time.

Once you're spinning 18,000rpm out of that blower it's done and there is no more and no more to get without doing very involved fab work.

The first blower I had on my blue car in 06' was the KB 2.6. It's horribly inlet restricted so it will never get enough air into it to get air out. It has a 93mm MAF, 93ish mm inlet tube and the blower elbow is HORRIBLY restrictive. Short of scratch building everything from the blower case to the air filer but bigger, a huge undertaking, it won't make more power. I have seen one person do this and it picked up just over 100hp though.

The second problem is the intercooler is terrible and no matter what you throw at it for a pump and heat exchanger it runs real hot. Which kills power.

I decided to pull the blower. I have the ability to mod all that stuff in house "for free" and it still wasn't worth it. I sold the entire thing as a kit and went another direction.

I know that sounds like a big move but if you were to sell yours and replace it with one of my GT450 manifolds with a 13' GT500 TVS on your combo you could probably make 725-750rwhp on 93 without much trouble. I would be shocked if you can get more than 615rwhp out of that KB. And the KB will never run as cool as the GT450. You would be WAY out ahead making the switch. In the end it would still cost you a couple grand. But a couple grans for a cool running combo with an extra 100-140rwhp is cheap. Hell, a couple grand is what a lot of people spend just to get things to run cool. Never mind the HP.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Ill take that into consideration, thanks.

Just something to consider if you want to make more power. That 2.6 is all done. You will pick a few hp up from the big motor but not much. The blower won't be moving any more air. It will not be pushing quite as hard though (less boost = less push) so the parasitic loss will drop. How much? I have no idea. A before and after would be interesting. My guess is 25hp.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I've abused the current 3650 at the track for sure, but drive pretty "normal" on the street. Granny shifting and shit LOL.

What should I do about an upgrade? My driveshaft is just over a year old, and don't want to buy another.

EDIT: I guess in the big scheme of things, an extra G doesn't matter, when added to the overall project cost. Recommend away!!!!

A TR6060 is a great option. Not only does it have a strong input shaft it also has bigger gears and syncros. Once you get a 26 spline input shaft on a 3650 the next weak link is 3rd gear.

A used 6060 from a GT500 isn't terribly expensive if you shop around. I paid $2k for mine and I paid far too much. Live and learn.

All that's needed is the 6060, a shifter, shifter pins, clutch (same clutch you would need for a 26 spline input shaft), transmission mount, and maybe a drive shaft. I was able to keep the dynotech ds I had used with the 3650, it fit just fine with a 6060. Another good ds option is a used GT500 ds. I'm currently running one of those that was under $125 shipped. It's plenty strong.

The 6060 is a much better shifting transmission than the 3650. The remote shifter gets blamed for shifting woes with the 3650 but the same remote design is head and shoulders better in the 6060. IMO the remote shifter isn't the big problem with a 3650, it's the gears and synchronizers.

The 6060 also allows you to run lower rear gears and still keep decent highway rpms because of the od 5th and 6th gears. Up to 2008 5th was .80 and 6th .63. From 2009+ 5th is .73 and 6th is .50. This means that a 4.10 rear gear will have a final ratio of 2.58 with the 2008 transmission and 2.05 with the 2009+.

The last time I knew of someone buying a used GT500 TR6060 from LaPointe Auto Recyclers they were able to get it for $1300. They had to call and talk to someone for that price.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back