MT Street Radial II Break-in Question

jwlast

Reaction score
Got a new pair of MT Street Radial II 305/35/18s. Gonna mount them up on Friday and take to the track Friday night. Two part question......

- Is there a break-in required on these tires and if so whats the best way to do it? It's about 25 miles one way house to track.....

- What pressure do folks run on the street to and from the track? Gonna be running 16psi at the track, interested in street pressure.

As always, thanks.........

JT

Jonwang822

forum member
Reaction score
I have the same size and everything on my car.
As i recall correctly, i got them mounted, went home to get my helment, then drove 50 miles to the track, then raced with them.
18psi was a sweet spot for me on the track.
It varies on the on the street, I go back and forth because the middle wears out too quick with too much air, and if too little, the rear gets kinda scary at times lol

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/tech.php?bulletin=s1

BURNOUTS- FOR MOST APPLICATIONS
The length of your burnout will be dictated primarily by the ambient and track conditions. The hotter the temperatures, the shorter the burnout. When the temps get cool, a longer burnout will be necessary. Ideally you want the tire temp to be within 15 degrees of the track temperature on the launch. When the track temps exceed 120 degrees, it is always best to keep your tire temps on the lower side. Here are some additional tips for maximizing the performance of your M/T racing tires.

1. First pass of the day will be your longest. After that follow the guidelines of #2 and #3 stated below.
2. Automatic transmissions and Bias tires with Softer compounds: First pass or two, fairly hard burnout relative to ambient conditions. After that a light burnout should be sufficient.
3. Standard transmission and Radial tires: Typically shorter burnouts are better. A light burnout, enough to haze the tires, then stage immediately.
4. No dry hops. This does nothing to improve traction, and in some cases can have a negative effect.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back