Mustang Shops in Los Angeles!!!

crazytownpictures

forum member
Reaction score
List reputable mustang shops in L.A. here!

I am sitting in my living room starring at a set of Comp Stage 2 NSR Cams and Steeda Motion Cntrl Plates and want them installed with my heads Port and Polished by either Livernois or BBR.

I have called all these places and nobody will do it! I have pulled all these shops off of the internet and mustang forums. Help me find someone "GOOD". Sad, read the results so far:

MMR-Nobody likes them but I had to at least caLL. (Answer: We can do the work but you can't leave your car here while we are taking the 10 days to port the heads!) -LoL r they serious???

HADDAD MOTORSPORTS-(Answer: They rather work on LS1's and don't feel that it would be worth it for either party.)

GALPIN AUTO SPORTS-(Answer: They told me nobody was available to speak with right now. What???) Plus they fckd up my Maier body kit. I had to grind the rest of the old wheel wells so the damn tire had space to even move up and down! They also to this day have never installed the radio wire antenna (I paid for already) that goes inside the pillar so I could lose the stock antenna. I got smooth body work done and no more ugly antenna! But where's my antenna wire G.A.S! Losers!

West Coast Racing Cylinder Heads-(Answer: No.)

Airflowresearch.com-(Answer: No.)

HOLLYWOOD HOT RODS-As seen on that show RIDES on HD Theater-(Answer: WE don't work on anything new, only classics.) -Well excuse me! LoL

WTF

Help Please :crazy:

Thank you,

Christian

L&R Automotive-(Answer: At 4:45 in the afternoon a phone that just rings and rings and then finally beeps with no message or greeting.) -Yes!

: l

Last edited by a moderator:

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ST Motorsports in San Bernardino.

crazytownpictures

forum member
Reaction score
S197 GT thanks! I just talked to John and Adam will give me an installation quote for the Heads, Cams and Delete plates by 2morrow!

They are 66 miles from Hollywood but hey nothings perfect

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
S197 GT thanks! I just talked to John and Adam will give me an installation quote for the Heads, Cams and Delete plates by 2morrow!

They are 66 miles from Hollywood but hey nothings perfect

66 miles ain't shit!

I drove all the way down from the Bay Area.

Tell Big John he left his panties at my house when you see him.

crazytownpictures

forum member
Reaction score
Haha that's Frackin hilarious! I'll show him ur last comment on my iPhone and tell him to stop leavin his shit all around!! Haha

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
I have heard great things about both ST motorsports and RET. You could also try GTR. I believe Adam from ST motorsports sometimes helps them with their tunes.

SonicGT

Mad Torque Inc.
Reaction score
RET number is 562-622-2508, but your better off sending a email to set something up. NSR cam jobs take a day, but if you want to send the heads out it would take longer.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
RET in Downey hands down - I wouldn't take my car anywhere else and they are the best shop on the West Coast for our cars IMO.

The work and service is outstanding regardless if your job is $100 or $10,000

I have not seen/heard one single blown up motor or 'bad job' anything post EVER about that shop on any forum - that says volumes right there...:beer:

zilla8

Reaction score
ST motorsports built and tuned my Coyote 5.0 and Adam,John and the crew are the best in the West

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
I'm going to barffffffff

I haven't tried RET, but this state sucks.. hahah you might want to take a ride or do remote tuning..

crazytownpictures

forum member
Reaction score
My experience with ST Motorsports:

Called and talked with John on the Friday the 1st. He said Adam would call me Saturday the 2nd with price quote. Didn't get back to me until Monday the 4th but hey that's cool. Was impressed none the less to hear from them on the 4th of July holiday! Guess they still work on days like that to knock out a customers job. I know they are pretty high regarded...

With that said, to keep a long story short...Adam said bottom line he could have my heads port and polished from Livernois and installed for $3,800 out the door! LoL. Out the door. I'm laughing my ass off inside my head. I already called Livernois and was quoted $1,000 for the P/P job. So what costs $2,800??? Well he said he thought it was a little more than that for the Livernois P/P job and that it's no big deal, he would get the quote Tuesday and whatever it is it is and that he certainly wouldn't b charging extra. It is Sunday and they still haven't called me back.

I do know that he broke down all the costs as follows:

• Machine Shop: $340
• Shipping: $100
• Labor: $1,200
• Coolant: $20
• Parts: $16
• Gaskets/Bolts: $150
• $100 pad toasted the possible cost for the job.

Total Install Price: $1,900-$2,000!!!

Now that includes throwing in the install of the MCDPlates and Comp Stage 2 NSR cams for no charge. But every shop I called said it would be free to throw those in while it's all out. One shop said +$50.00 only.

I called around and got install quotes of $650-$950 for the job. That's less than half at over $1,000 in savings! Of course I want to take it to the best shop. Of course I don't want to have to do the job twice if someone else botches it all the f*#! up. But wow...$3,800 for Port and Polish out the door??? Come on Lolololol

I've even debated a Vortech V3 or Paxton Novi 1200. I've got $3,500 saved for the car now and another $500 every single week out of a $1,200 weekly salary. However, I am starting an Internet company so I'm not trying to just toss $$ around blindly.

I have the Cams and MCDP just sitting here. I think I might just get the P/P job from Livernois and have the "other" shop install it for $650. It's Paul from a place called LPC. They have done some of these installs before and have no worries about completing the job correctly. Then I will see how the BAMA tune does from Amer Muscle. Any problems and I can always get the Dyno tune from ST.

Any opinions????

crazytownpictures

forum member
Reaction score
Oh by the way, I would say +shipping +fluids/parts +tax it will be about $800 from this LPC shop for the Install

Again...just looking forward to opinions on all that I just posted before.

Thanks guys!!!

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, since you basically slammed ST on a public board where they are a supporting vendor, it'd probably be a good idea to get your tuning done elsewhere.

Mail order tune for a H/C car? Hmmmm....

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You get what you pay for, Adam can certainly charge a premium if the market will pay it. FWIW, and I'm not saying this is your case, but I've always charged more to someone I suspected of being a tire-kicker.

crazytownpictures

forum member
Reaction score
S197GT don't start shit...

I shared my experience with ST so far and that's what this fucking forum is for. Apparently they are top notch but I think after getting a quote for almost $4,000 on p&p I'll atleast look around! Gimme a break dude. Not to mention he never called me back the next day as he promised. After he got the quote from Livernois. I nvr once mentioned to him that it was too high. Kept that to myself. I see ST all over ur sig or mod list or whatever...I hear u loud and clear lol u wanna stir a pot and b a little gossip Queen then go ahead lol. I don't appreciate ur tone or ur suggestion. U really told me huh lol big man behind a keyboard

As for the tire kicking??? I've dropped 10g's in this car already. I'm a customer that spends.

I really wanna reach through this screen ahhhhhh....

I've been reading "all" of the forum. Always gonna b some little pecker dicks acting high and mighty and talkin shit

NEXT

crazytownpictures

forum member
Reaction score
By the way I said start with the free tune then Dyno tune it later. Hmmmm....

Dude get outta here. I'm not a very tolerant person to mouthyness

I can be a "supporting member" too! What is it??? $50 bones ? $100?

Fuckin Dick

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Easy buddy. You I just gave you some good advice.

I wouldn't go get a tune from someone who I "considered" to give me a shit price in something. Especially after I aired it out online.

Don't bite the mouth that feeds you kinda thing.

I only mentioned the supporting vendor thing, in case you hadn't realized they are on this board.

Essentially giving you a heads up that what you aired out will get to them. In case you thought you were being discreet.

I'm no fanboy Christian! I've had nothing but great experiences with ST, which is why I took my time to point them out to you.

If you have to ask where to go, you're obviously new to this. This is why I subtly let you know I wouldn't go with a heads and cam setup and settle for a mail order tune.

Do what you do man!

I wasn't stirring shit, so take a deep breath buddy.

Did you not see my other posts earlier in this thread trying to help you out?

Go to RET then, but that's basically all there is reputable by you.

I know that ST can be hard to get ahold of, but they've been better to me than I could've expected. But don't get this misinterpreted as some nut-swinging shit.

Good luck with the rest of your build, but fuck I now know you can't handle my $.02, so I'll stay out of it.

Edit: NEXT

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back