Mustang themed garage finally done!

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
So I finally got a new camera cord so now I can post pics of the garage redo I did over the summer. The wife and I bought our first house in summer and the garage was the first room we redid.
thumbsup.gif
I couldn't have done it without her help. Enough talking, on to pics!

Below is a pic of it before I got started, decent sized 2 car but not quite to my taste.

Emblem001.jpg

Side wall, the original paint in the whole thing was a old faded gross yellow

Emblem003.jpg

Closer shot as how the paint was originally, it was all through the whole garage.

Emblem011.jpg

It took a long time to scrape all the peeling yellow off, there was a LOT. Hours and hours of scraping...

Emblem014.jpg

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
Emblem025.jpg

Getting everything out of the way, getting ready to tape off for primer and paint

Emblem023.jpg

Starting primer coat

Emblem029.jpg

Emblem036.jpg

And first coat of paint. It's hard to see in the pics but it's a cool color. Literally. Haha It's a light blue / gray

Emblem029.jpg

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
While I was at it, I figured why put old boring light switch covers back on so I replaced them all. Two of these
Emblem046.jpg

And one of these...

Emblem048.jpg

But I didn't just want a freshly painted garage, I wanted something uniquely me. So my wife had an idea of painting a mustang emblem on the back wall. And it turned out awesome, better then I could have hoped for. I am not artistic at all so she pretty much did this part all on her own.

She found a decent sized pic of a Mustang emblem online and I confirmed it was a good one. She then traced it out on her computer monitor and took it to Kinkos. I had measured the wall and estimated sizes so based off that, we had Kinkos blow the normal sized computer drawing up to 5.5 feet long and 3.5 feet tall. Then she cut it out of the paper and used it as a stencil, tracing an outline of it on the wall as you can see below...

Emblem040.jpg

this shot gives a better idea of the size of it

Emblem042.jpg

Starting the Pony...

Emblem049.jpg

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
A rough outline filled in

Emblem052.jpg

We tried taping it off with Frog Tape, a special painters tape designed for clean lines ( average painters tape edge bled too much ) and even the Frog Tape sucked so she ended up doing it all by hand. Touching up the mane...

Emblem050-1.jpg

Slowly filling out

Emblem053.jpg

And the finished Mustang running horse! I thought it turned out amazing...

Emblem054.jpg

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
Emblem057.jpg

Starting the stripes

Emblem058.jpg

While she was working on the stripes, I was taking shots of the Mustang and F-150 waiting for their freshly painted home... haha

Emblem064.jpg

Emblem069.jpg

Finished product ( we couldnt finish it all in one day so ended up doing it the next weekend and I forgot to take pics then. But here's a shot of final emblem, just slightly dark as it was night outside at the time )

Emblem071.jpg

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
looks good man! now you have to epoxy the the floor

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Wow... looks great! You definitely have more patience than me with attempting something like that running Pony!!

Where's the beer fridge?? :beerchug2:

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
With both of em inside. I moved all my tools and work benches down into the basement and am going to set up a work shop down there as we have plenty of room. The garage only has one shelf and that's all car cleaning products / car fluids. Also hung up my Ford banners, Ford Racing one on the right, and a Mustang banner on left. A tire clock on right, and a Ford Racing dartboard on left ( forgot to take a pic of that one )

Emblem075.jpg

Night shot, all cozy and out of the bitter winter cold!

Emblem074.jpg

And then for my birthday, my wife got me something a lil different but I like it a lot. It's a flood lamp that her dad wired for me and it has a blue lamp for the Mustang and a red one for the F-150. So they both have their own special light. haha

Emblem073.jpg

So it turned out pretty well I thought, was a fun project and the first home remodeling project we did. ( I started on the dining room / kitchen right after lol and just finished that. And I'm done for a few months now )

I'm strip / clean the concrete in spring and do an epoxy paint in some pattern, not sure what.

Anyhow, just thought I'd share with you guys! Have a good one!

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
THis is a must........garages with the epoxy floors are so easy to keep clean and look GREAT!

Yep, from what I've seen, they are! I plan on doing that in spring once it warms up a bit.

Wow... looks great! You definitely have more patience than me with attempting something like that running Pony!!

Where's the beer fridge?? :beerchug2:

Haha yeah there's a reason she did it for me. I tried to help on the tail and messed it up so she told me to go take pictures of the cars while she finished it. Which I was happy to do. hehe

Last edited by a moderator:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Yep, from what I've seen, they are! I plan on doing that in spring once it warms up a bit.
I had mine epoxy coated about 3 months ago, and I love it! The only downside I've found is if I drop a small screw on it, it disappears. haha

P1170308.JPG

P1170309.JPG

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
Ohh nice! That's very similar to what I was looking at. The stone chip style. I looked into a Racecraft flooring and while they look awesome, just was gonna be too much $.

Add a lil blue tint to your floor and that's what I'm do....

don_w

Reaction score
Ohh nice! That's very similar to what I was looking at. The stone chip style. I looked into a Racecraft flooring and while they look awesome, just was gonna be too much $.

Add a lil blue tint to your floor and that's what I'm do....
That floor cost me about $3.35/SF.

don_w

Reaction score
Holy crap! Mine would be pushing $4K to get done. But then again I am sure you will need to worry about it holding up!

I am considering something like U-Coat-It. http://ucoatit.com/pgs/main.htm
I considered the U-Coat-It, but decided against it. I didn't have the time to do it myself, and since prep was the key, I didn't want to F it up. So, for $2K total, I had it done by the pros. It took them three days, and it has a lifetime warranty. Even against things like fuel and brake fluid.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back