Lets gets this done!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 165

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I was going to post the same thing tonight when I get home. I already have plans to go to this.

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score
Are you ready?
I just got it running tonight! I've been fighting cam/crank sensor sync issues and I finally figured it out and got it running. I'm running a Megasquirt MS3X standalone which nobody I have seen has used on a 3v, so I had to figure eveything out on my own.

I still have a few things to do, but it will definitely be finished for this event. I may just need a driver mod though :)

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Any more details posted about the drag racing? Just a heads up class?
The way I understand it is like this, every car will have three qualifying passes. The best time of those three will be your time. Then it will be fastest Chevy vrs fastest Ford and so on down the timeline. At that point each race is worth one point. You win and its a point for Team Mustang, they win its a point for team Camero . Team with the most points at the end of the day wins. I talked to Clint at True street today, he said there are like 600+ cars going to be there.

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That looks like a fun event. We have one here at the end of this month. One of my favorite races.

Last edited:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
This is going to be a blast. If you guys haven't looked at it on FB, you should check it out.

I fear no Chevy for the blue oval is with me...:321:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Clint Davis > Camaro VS Mustang: The Ultimate Battle
Sep 18
This event is in full swing, Hope everyone is getting last min details in order, with over 500+ looking to attend this event this is not a race I would think anyone would want to miss

Time For rules

Team Camaro (any car/truck powered by a chevy motor, Big block, small block, ls1,ls2,ls3,ls6,ls7,lsa ect)

Team Mustang (anycar/truck Ford Powered, big block, small block302,351,390,400,427,429,460 ect)

There are no limits on motor, nitrous, turbos, blower.
Any tire size, slick, radial, road race tires, ect
Race cars, Street cars, trucks, are all welcome

This event will be run based on time trials, Two qualifying passes with no times being showed during qualifying. All Team Camaro will qualify together and all Team Mustang will qualify together. Once Qualifying is complete for both teams there will be a small break for lunch to give us a chance to build the latter for each team.

Team Camaro
#1 Rick Forbes
#2 Brett Dickey
#3 Slo Maro (see what I did there lol)
all the way down to the slowest qualifier

Team Mustang
#1 Steve (JKD)
#2 Nick (AKA Mr DFW 5.0)
#3 Jeff (Mr internet)

Once teams are listed from quickest to slowest we will pair up the races

Race one
Rick Forbes vs Steve (JKD)
Race two
Brett Dickey Vs Nick (AKA Mr DFW 5.0)
Race three Slo Maro Vs Jeff (Mr Internet)

and so on and so forth

The key to this plateform of racing is to have as many quick cars show up as possible. Each race there will be a point giving, Team with the most points/races won at the end of the event will have bragging rights.

This format of racing has been done for over 15 years with the buick vs ford shoot out and I can tell you with all the street cars and races cars that show up, some running 15 second 1/4 miles to 8 second 1/4 miles. I will tell you the racing is close, points are always down to the wire. If you have not been to a event run like this you have to come and see. Slow cars will have other slow cars to race, fast cars will have other fast cars to race.

Time to put the key boards down, Forget about dyno slips, and run your cars, Good times ahead!!!!!

On a side note, There is a big Money race that night for TX275 drag radial, Automatic Pro Mod, Promod Motorcycle and open Test and Tune. The Texas Motorplex has told me anyone that attends Mustang Vs Camaro will be welcome to stay with no additional cost. hang out and watch and if you want run the car some more at the open test and tune..

As always Help spread the word, get as many cars for your team. This will greatly increase your odds!!!!

Last edited:

Midnight11

forum member
Reaction score
that me, mr dfw 5.0 haha ill be there working on getting a section for us to park together

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back