My 05 GT, GT500 swap build thread

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Heard you car when you were pulling into the freeway yesterday. That thing is a BEAST. Awesome car man.

Thanks! Freeway on ramps are about the only time I can really hammer on it. I was checking out your car when I was there. I really like the way it looks.

It sounds awesome. What do you have for a tb right now? At your level I'm guessing that the big tb will help significantly.

I had been running the SCJ mono, but I sold it a couple months ago to buy this one. Since then, I have been running a stock GT500 tbody. That's worked out well, because with the SCJ I was seeing 21lbs of boost. Too much for pump gas. Swapping to the stock one dropped the boost down to 18lbs. Perfect for pump gas. We'll see what this new one does. If I see less than 21lbs, I'll kick it down the road, and swap back the the SCJ for 100 octane use. Meanwhile, I'll be running the stock one one the street for pump.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Nothing new to report. I've just been driving it. I haven't upgraded the fuel system yet, so I haven't turned it up, or even had it tuned yet. It runs really well considering.

I went bracket racing last Friday. This was on pump gas and 18lbs. And it wasn't hooking at all.

First pass, spun bad first and second.

Second pass, broke out by a lot, and lost. Hard on the brakes and still went 11.1.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
What gear is in that thing?

4.10's. I had 4.10's in it last spring, but was running out of gear in the 1/4 with the stock motor. So I swapped to 3.73's. I never really liked the 3.73's, and now that my motor is built and I have cams, I can rev it higher, so I swapped back to 4.10's.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
4.10's. I had 4.10's in it last spring, but was running out of gear in the 1/4 with the stock motor. So I swapped to 3.73's. I never really liked the 3.73's, and now that my motor is built and I have cams, I can rev it higher, so I swapped back to 4.10's.

That sucker rips through the gears!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back