My 2007 Mustang GT Complete Turbo build

95rioredcobra

forum member
Reaction score
Got her on the dyno Monday and even with an FRPP TB issue (only opening 50% at WOT) she still made 686whp 674wtq @ 14psi, but we called it a day early due to the tb issue. Got her back on the dyno today with a new frpp tb and she made 786whp 801wtq @ 17psi and thats as far as she'll go on 93oct pump gas. Will have pics and videos posted once we get them uploaded, it's been a long week! Off to Aruba to to work on a Termi!!!

Last edited:

MindIfISmoke?

Wrecking Crew
Reaction score
Gawwwdddd damn! I really need a billet wheel turbo.

I would like to see a video.

Last edited:

95rioredcobra

forum member
Reaction score
I'll try to get them up tomorrow before we head out, but can't promise anything.

It is a billet wheel, but also a bigger turbo not the 76 we originally planned it's an 82mm unit! I probably could have hit 800whp on pump, but it wasn't worth it to me... Better safe then sorry especially on pump gas.

Last edited:

95rioredcobra

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys! I'm certainly happy with the results! I hope Tyler is as well... He doesn't know yet as he's out of town!!!

95rioredcobra

forum member
Reaction score
Its a Borg Warner Hybrid built by Reed @ Work Turbochargers. We fly back in tomorrow and I'll get the videos posted!

95rioredcobra

forum member
Reaction score
I just got back from some street testing on a private road we use down here locally tuning the Baumanator lockup and overdrive points... I have to say this is the fastest Street car I have ever driven... My heart is still pumping 20mins later!!!

Little Idle video w/ some engine shots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-GYXIhXMgI&list=UU9rBBa-mOTmlz6Fabbw7nGQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Dyno Video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRGRtx5JGvg&feature=relmfu

Look for track videos and 9sec time slips coming soon on pump gas! Then we'll shoot for 8s on Race Fuel!

Last edited:

95rioredcobra

forum member
Reaction score
He drove it for the first time and was a little taken back by how hard she pulled and requested we dial it back a tad for the street so we left her right around 695whp and she still feels amazing... I really think the converter is eating up a lot of power on the dyno and the true numbers are probably a lot higher than we've seen. So, it's better we are safe then sorry. He has to be comfortable with the car to be able to drive it and let's just say he's not comfortable with it yet... LOL!

TurboS197

Reaction score
All I can say is Thank you! The car feels absolutely amazing! I've never nailed the throttle in anything and literally had it take my breath away! It scared the shit out of me! Can't wait to get her to the track with the pump gas to see how it goes then we'll get the race gas tune done and shoot for those 8s! By far exceeded my expectations!

95rioredcobra

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Bud, we'll finish up the minor odds and ends and hopefully get her home to you next week.

95rioredcobra

forum member
Reaction score
Took her out to PBIR friday night made one pass then it started to rain so we packed it up, but first pass off idle launch 1.96 60' 10.28 @ 139.5mph trans brake wouldn't hold the car. So trans brake will get taken care of this week and we'll head back out for that 9sec pass. I didn't get video because I suck and didn't expect it to be our only pass to worried about making sure he was good! All in all we were happy with the results. Figuring about a 9.80 on pump gas with that mph!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back