My car... how is it coming?

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
Sr. did a few tune fix-ups this morning and III said it is pretty much "ret - to go". I may be picking it up tommorow afternoon...

Now I need to get 1500 miles on it asap to get it back to JDM to get my street and race tunes...

CAN'T WAIT !!!!

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
PICKED IT UP TODAY !!!!!

18% Lower and 3.25 upper. Boost averages about 14 to 16 psi. He's got the timing really low at 12 degrees. Car runs good. Trans shifts pretty smooth too even with the new tranny the TCI "SUPER" street fighter upgrade. Talking to Jim Sr., I should look into changing my cams. According to Jim Sr. the 127300 cams have 6 degrees of advance built into them which makes it difficult to tune for maximum power with my 18% overdrive crank.

Last edited:

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What cams did Senior recommend to you?

We have our own custom grind that we were recommending. The springs and the rest of his heads are set up for them all he needs is the cam phaser limiters.

JimIII

GJP05

Reaction score
Jim what cams would you recomend for my setup? And can you update my tune for the cams?

Pumpkinfish

Johnny Quarter Mile
Reaction score
We have our own custom grind that we were recommending. The springs and the rest of his heads are set up for them all he needs is the cam phaser limiters.

JimIII

Jim,

Are these a blower grind cam, Saleen blower grind or something specific to his setup?

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
Jim III,

GREAT JOB, very profession installation and customer service. You guys really got a good thing going on.

Please talk to Sr. and see if he thinks removing my cats will help the boost spike? Also ask Sr. is he measures boost in front of the intercooler.

Any luck with the winpep files?

thanks,

Tim

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
Winpep Files...*

:deadhorse:

Jim Jr.

Otherwise... the car is running GREAT... I took it on a road trip to Bensalem PA this morning to check out a WE4 (Buick GN) for a buddy. I am about 1/2 way there to the 1500 miles...

The car is freakn amazing to drive.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back