My car... how is it coming?

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, I just got a reply from Jim III. My Billet Oil pump will be installed today/tommorrow and the long block will be compression tested. Jim III also said they will be "pulling" my car in the shop to start working on it Monday, Mar 8.

I can only assume they will be complete by the end of the week...but... you know how things go...

I might decide to shop up Friday afternoon at the shop... shhhhh... I don't what Jim to hear that...

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
Got a call from Jim III. My billet geared oil pump is installed. They are close to pulling my car in and swapping out my old engine with new set-up, 302 foreged stroker w/ Comp 127300's cams.

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
Update... spoke to Jim Sr. last night. Old engine is out of my car... bay is being cleaned up and new engine should be going into the car today...

thanks for the update Jim Sr. !!!

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
I got a call from JimIII yesterday and the car is ready to be started up... Jim Sr. was to upload the new tune to my tuner... and the techs were going to install the tune and firing her up...

So maybe today... it should be running. Jim III is shooting for a thursday or Friday completion...

They will be setting me up with a break-in tune at around 550 rwhp with very conservative tuning, fuel and timing.

After about 1500 miles, back to NJ and I will get a good street tune and a strip tune.

I have all 5 pullies and a 18% OD crank. Not sure where I will land for my street tune. Probably around 575... don't know. I may choose to go lower if it is too much.

LASO

forum member
Reaction score
Good to hear, I should be getting my car back tomorrow (if all goes well). I'm very interested in your results as our cars are VERY similar as far as performance mods. Keep us posted :popcorneat:

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good to hear, I should be getting my car back tomorrow (if all goes well). I'm very interested in your results as our cars are VERY similar as far as performance mods. Keep us posted :popcorneat:

Dibs on the both of ya! :beerdrink:

LASO

forum member
Reaction score
What is your set-up?

The setups are the same except the short block, exhaust and gears. Im running a stock stroke and block .020 over. The exhaust is 1 3/4 in longtubes into an OR X pipe. Ring and pinion is FRPP 4.10's.

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
I was hoping to pick my car up yesterday... but there was some issues with an 04 Cobra and its tune that was taking up the dyno.

Jim III just texted me and said they are done with the problem cobra and my car WILL be up on the dyno by noon Monday morning.

I am keeping my fingers crossed...Monday will be 9 weeks plus 3 days...still no complaints as of yetl... (except I would have preferred getting my car back a little sooner, but no big deal since the winter was nuts around MD with the blizzards...I also got my garage cleaned out and went to the dump to make more room)

LASO

forum member
Reaction score
I was hoping to pick my car up yesterday... but there was some issues with an 04 Cobra and its tune that was taking up the dyno.

Jim III just texted me and said they are done with the problem cobra and my car WILL be up on the dyno by noon Monday morning.

I am keeping my fingers crossed...Monday will be 9 weeks plus 3 days...still no complaints as of yetl... (except I would have preferred getting my car back a little sooner, but no big deal since the winter was nuts around MD with the blizzards...I also got my garage cleaned out and went to the dump to make more room)

Glad to hear an update, 9 weeks isnt that bad at all on a hotrod build. I've had cars take years before. My car isnt ready yet either, its been at the shop since Dec 7th and more then likely will be another week before I pick it up. Be patient, it's worth it :thumb:

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
Update...got a call from Jim III... they are having problems with my car holding battery voltage under WOT. A new alternator seemed to fix it. They tried a new battery and it did not help...

My car is an early 2007 (manufacturerd in Nov 2006) with about 10k miles. I can't believe the freakin alternator is bad... but it seems there has been problems...

Jim Sr. made a couple dyno pulls with an 18% OD crank and a 3.25 upper pulley.

Boost started at 12 psi, leveled off a 14 psi, and spiked up to 16 psi at the top end.

RWHP was 508 on a very conservative break-in tune w/ 517 rwtq. I don't know if Sr will lean it up a little and give me a little more timing on my break-in tune.

I will know tomorrow.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My car is an early 2007 (manufacturerd in Nov 2006) with about 10k miles. I can't believe the freakin alternator is bad... but it seems there has been problems...

Mine died with 2500 miles on the car.

Congrats on the build man. Enjoy it. :thumb:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back