My car is a 'collectible'!!

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
IMO legend lime is about the ugliest color they ever used. It needs to stay a collectible.
Agreed. Not my cup of tea. Repaint it.......black. That highland green they used on the bullitt cars was good, done right. The green they used on 2011 verts was pretty bad too.... horrid actually.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Pics please

I first got my car in '07 with like 4800 miles on it from a dodge dealership. Anyways I couldn't figure out what that switch went to. So I drove by Ford and asked the salesman who apprioached me what this switch was for. He calmly told me they were to lower the rear windows. I then asked him to which rear windows he was refering to.

Anyways we just figured the car was probably built on a hangover Monday or a end of the week Friday. Either way I turned the up function of the switch into my trunk release. It was a practical solution given It was available.

Jwood562

Reaction score
so was there a plug plugged into the switch prior to making the switch the trunk release?

07 Boss

Reaction score
so was there a plug plugged into the switch prior to making the switch the trunk release?

I did that 15 years ago and the brain is a little fuzzier than it used to be.

But I remember it was as simple of taking a wire from the passenger door sill and running it through the switch to a ground, I believe the wiring harness has a plug on it but I'm not positive. I just looked at the instructions for one of those trunk release buttons. I wanna say the wire was pink and white but again, 15 years ago.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
I don't mind that color at all...classic (IMO), but why ruin it w/ cheesy stickers on rear deck panel. ;) :D

Laga

Reaction score
I did that 15 years ago and the brain is a little fuzzier than it used to be.

But I remember it was as simple of taking a wire from the passenger door sill and running it through the switch to a ground, I believe the wiring harness has a plug on it but I'm not positive. I just looked at the instructions for one of those trunk release buttons. I wanna say the wire was pink and white but again, 15 years ago.
Your memory is intact. It is a pink and white wire in the wiring harness coming out of the SJB.

Mailman

forum member
Reaction score
I don't mind that color at all...classic (IMO), but why ruin it w/ cheesy stickers on rear deck panel. ;) :D
The one 'cheesy' sticker on my car is a Boston Redsox sticker. It takes a real man to sport one here in Yankee territory. The other is for a local.......let's call it a 'club', 'street gang' sounds a little harsh. We've been around for 50 years. For those of you who are old enough and are familiar with Watkins Glen International, who also remember when the tourist bus was burned in the 'bog' back in the '70's? Well, the bus driver was one of us. The Heathens are local legends around here, and I'm proudly an original.

Mailman

forum member
Reaction score
Oh, and Iceman, thanks for the compliment on the color. I reluctantly have to say it's grown on me. When I picked it up last year it was a 24K miles garage Queen. It's pretty much spotless and I'm an obsessive detailer. I get lots of compliments on it and my wife really likes it. Life is good!

Recon

Reaction score
Legend lime is a fine color. Enjoy it.

Sent from somewhere in the twilight zone…

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back