My Color Option

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My 2007 GT/CS did not come with the "My Color Option", so i was wondering what would be the easiest and least expensive to do.......either take it to Ford and have them install it or purchase it myself and install it. i would rather purchase it myself and install it since i know it would be cheaper, but is it easy to install? thanks for the input..........

Stangtuner

Eaton Poosi
Reaction score
There was a write up on this on Mustang World a while back.

I'd love to have it but it costs about $500 to do it on our cars. :(

p.s. Nice color

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
I also have it in mine, and I´ve been using white color for almost 2 years without changing lol, white #`s with red needles rock!

Last edited:

Stangtuner

Eaton Poosi
Reaction score
I'd actually be interested on how to keep my gauges from going to green when I turn on my lights.

I like the white numbers.

psycho bob

FISTER
Reaction score
i love it. although not my favorite option i'm very glad it is one of the ones i have. i change my color every couple months it seems. i think i'll go with the gt500 dash so i can have the tach on the proper side and to have something a bit different from most people.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It wasn't avaliable when my car was manufactured so I don't have it either. At one point I was thinking about adding it, but then realized it only changed the colors in the gauges, not all of the other lights/markers inside the car. There was a write-up across the street about changing ALL of the lights but it seemed pretty extreme just to get blue (which is probably what 99% of the people w/MC use) lighting.

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Doesn't our cars use LEDs for the instrument lighting?

One less expensive way to change the color would be to pick a solid color you like (red, yellow, blue, green) and then change out all of the white LEDs with that color LED.

You should be able to get LEDs pretty cheap. With it being Christmas, I'd bet you can find some of those LED Christmas lights and use those LEDs. Just be sure to put them in the correct way (forward biased) or they won't light at all! I'd bet you could even swap out the LEDs in aftermarket gauges the same way.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's the other thread I was talking about, lemme look...

EDIT: Here it is.

WOW....thanks for the input everyone!! i appreciate ALL the feedback. I was content with not having the Mycolor option until i got in a buddy of mine's mustang and he changed it to purple...I LOVE PURPLE!! i would love to swap out all the LED lights, but WOW does that look like alot of work and i can honestly say i am not that great when it comes to electrical shit and soldering. this is something i would love to do with someone that knows what the hell they are doing........and while drinking some beers.......we will see what the warmer weather has to bring!!!

anticubicle

Reaction score
I love the option. sometimes I get sick of seeing blue in front of me. I use the actual color mixer at times.

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
those with the My-color, is there a DEMO option that cycles the colors automaticly?

I have added Colors to my overhead lights and cold cathoid under the dash.

Moodlighting2.jpg

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
those with the My-color, is there a DEMO option that cycles the colors automaticly?

I have added Colors to my overhead lights and cold cathoid under the dash.

Moodlighting2.jpg

that is the color I have mine set to..when I had them white I would catch myself driving around at night without the lights......white = daytime gage color

psycho bob

FISTER
Reaction score
if there is, I do not know how to use it.

no there isn't, you just have to do it manually. you also can't use the thing where you manually adjust the color while you're driving. you can change to the basic colors, but not adjust your custom color.

JimmyD

forum member
Reaction score
No doubt. I found the color I like and left it.
Me too, Set it on blue back in Nov 06 when the car was new off the lot, now Dec 08 and 23,000 miles later, its still blue!

To each his own, but 500 bucks to get it installed? not worth it IMHO

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back