my datalog

corey5988

forum member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of getting my car tuned. I ran a datalog using my Innovate MTX-L guage. The equation must be wrong, or I'm using the wrong analog output on the guage because my analog values on the datalog range from 0-4.99. From what I've seen it should use the same equation as the LC1, which is the preset I used in Livelink. From the MTX-L manual I used the yellow wire to the firewire analog 1. Also I wanted to post up the datalog just for feedback. The tuner hasn't gotten my revision back, but they said it was running a bit lean, which I could visually see via the wideband.

Edit: I don't have Livelink on this computer. I'll have to wait till I canget to my laptop and take screen shots, since I can't attach the .csv file.

corey5988

forum member
Reaction score
My mod list is (if it matters to anyone):

stock '09 long block
Roush M90 blower
GT500 TB
JBA long tubes
O/R H-pipe
mid mounted Roush cans

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If it is going from 0-4.99 the equation is either entered in an incorrect format or is not being saved as the output of the analog signal is 0-5.0v.
Give me about an hour and I'll give you the formula to convert to lambda for the MTX-L.

awesome autocorrect malfunctions brought to you by tapatalk

corey5988

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks. In Livelink I would select under the ECM PID list > Analog > Analog 1? That's what I was recalling off hand, the only logical route that I could find....though it didn't seem logical that a Wideband signal would be listed under ECM PIDs.

RED09GT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I can't find the specific equation right now but what you need to do is:
Click on the commands field, then analog equations and enter the appropriate equation into the analog 1 field. If you just want it to read A/F rather than lambda, you can select the LC1 equation from the preset equations on the menu.

corey5988

forum member
Reaction score
I can't find the specific equation right now but what you need to do is:
Click on the commands field, then analog equations and enter the appropriate equation into the analog 1 field. If you just want it to read A/F rather than lambda, you can select the LC1 equation from the preset equations on the menu.

I figured AFR would be best, though tuner didn't specify. I had been speaking with them in terms of AFR. And in the equation I picked the LC1 preset. I was refering as to what to pick that you wanted to log that analog signal.

RED09GT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I figured AFR would be best, though tuner didn't specify. I had been speaking with them in terms of AFR. And in the equation I picked the LC1 preset. I was refering as to what to pick that you wanted to log that analog signal.
I see, in that case you would pick Analog 1 as the PID.
With the LC1 preset it is still reading 0-4.99?

I'm surprised your tuner hasn't sent you a livelink configuration to make sure that they get all the data that they need. I would ask your tuner if they can do that for you.

corey5988

forum member
Reaction score
I see, in that case you would pick Analog 1 as the PID.
With the LC1 preset it is still reading 0-4.99?

I'm surprised your tuner hasn't sent you a livelink configuration to make sure that they get all the data that they need. I would ask your tuner if they can do that for you.

Those reading were the only ones I've done, which were with the LC1 preset. They sent me an initial PID list for my first datalog (which was without the wideband). The second datalog, which is listed here, was the first with the wideband.

RED09GT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Those reading were the only ones I've done, which were with the LC1 preset. They sent me an initial PID list for my first datalog (which was without the wideband). The second datalog, which is listed here, was the first with the wideband.
If it is still not reading proper A/F, I've got a configuration that will convert the analog 1 to Lambda. It is set up for true gasoline (no ethanol blend).
Send me an email address and I'll send it to you.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I'm in the process of getting my car tuned. I ran a datalog using my Innovate MTX-L guage. The equation must be wrong, or I'm using the wrong analog output on the guage because my analog values on the datalog range from 0-4.99. From what I've seen it should use the same equation as the LC1, which is the preset I used in Livelink. From the MTX-L manual I used the yellow wire to the firewire analog 1. Also I wanted to post up the datalog just for feedback. The tuner hasn't gotten my revision back, but they said it was running a bit lean, which I could visually see via the wideband.

Edit: I don't have Livelink on this computer. I'll have to wait till I canget to my laptop and take screen shots, since I can't attach the .csv file.

I had to use the same output that goes to the gauge. Splice into it and you should be good to go with the pre set equations.

corey5988

forum member
Reaction score
Wow, just went out and messed around with it. Everything was good, just a user malfunction. I clicked the analog 1 box and then selected the LC1 preset. I, however, did not realize that I needed to click the green arrow to apply the equation to analog 1. I just let it idle and it's pretty much dead on with the guage. Thanks for all the help.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Don't forget to calculate your ground offset.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back